Chapter 18

When I woke up the next morning, Nathan was still fast asleep with his arm wrapped around me tightly. Since I had no movement in the lower half of my body, I couldn't wriggle out of his tight hold and get to my chair, which means I'd have to stay there until he woke up. Knowing Nathan, him waking up could be hours from now since it's only 7am.

"Nath..." I nudge him but he only moans and cuddles into me, tightening his grip.

I sigh and stay where I was laid, staring up at the ceiling. I was bored and I couldn't move or do anything because of my disability. I kept trying to nudge Nathan but, every time I did, he'd old me tighter. I eventually managed to wake him up and smiled at him.

"Good morning. Would you mind moving your arms so I can get up and get some breakfast please?" I ask as he nods and moves his arms before turning over and going back to sleep.

I roll my eyes and pull myself into my chair before wheeling myself into the kitchen and putting some toast in the toaster. As I wait for my toast, I check my Facebook timeline and share a couple of things that I find funny before texting my mom and checking in with her at home.

"Morning." I hear Nathan's voice from behind me as I turn to him and smile.
"Good morning, Nathan." I reply as I start to butter my toast before pushing myself to the sofa and start to eat.
"Are you okay?" He asks as I nod.
"I'm good. You?" I ask as he nods and sits beside me.
"I'm okay." He says as the room falls into an awkward silence.

I breath air into my cheeks and sit for a while just looking down at my hands. Nathan sighs as I still sit and stare at my hands, playing with my fingers.

"What's wrong?" I hear Nathan ask me as I shrug.
"Nothing." I reply as he sighs.
"Something's wrong, Eva." He say head.
"No, I'm fine. I just wish I could go in the pool and swim." I say as Nathan sighs, "It just gives me something to do when I'm bored." say as he nods.
"I know. If you went to you physio when I suggested it then maybe you'd be able to walk and stuff by now." Nathan says as I sigh and frown.
"I didn't think it would work... That's why I didn't go." I say as he smiles at me a little.
"I'm sorry, Eva." Nathan says as I smile and shrug.

I sigh before wheeling myself into the back garden and dialling Ethan's number. When Ethan doesn't pick up, I try Jackson. Again, I get no answer. Saying that, Jackson is probably working but, I'm not sure about Ethan.

I sigh before placing my phone in my lap and wheeling myself towards the pool. I look into the water and notice that I don't look as attractive as I thought I did, not hat I can look attractive anyway.

"Eva, what's wrong?" Nathan asks as I shrug.
"I... I don't know." I say as Nathan kneels beside my chair and smiles at me, sympathy written all over his face.

Without warning, he picks me up out of my chair and places me beside the pool. He takes my showed off and rolls my pyjama bottoms. He then turns me and places my feet into the water before doing the same with his shoes and jeans.

"The waters nice." He says, breaking the silence and I giggle and nudge him.
"You can feel it." I say as he smiles a genuine smile and nudges me back.
"Put your hand in it." He says as I do that and smile.
"It does feel nice." I say as he smiles and I take my hand out, wiping it on his face.
"Oi!" He exclaims as I giggle and he pushes me onto my back.
"I'm gonna ram into you with my wheelchair." I mutter as Nathan pulls me up.

I hear Nathan chuckle as I wrap my arms round his waist. I lay my head on his chest as his arms go round me and we sit there for a while, just looking at the water. It was comforting knowing that I had someone there for me and the silence wasn't awkward like you'd expect it to be.

It was nice and nothing could take this moment away from me.

This moment was one that'll stay with me forever because it was my favourite memory of us.

The moment when we were happy.