Chapter 9

The next day, I woke up in a really bad mood. I don't know what was up with me, whether I was tired or just feeling low but, I was really not in the mood for anything.

"Eva, I brought you breakfast." Nathan says, walking into my room, bringing a tray with toast.
"I'm not hungry this morning, Nathan." I say as he rolls his eyes.
"You need to eat so-" I cut him off.
"I said, I'm not bloody hungry." I snap as Nathan sighs and goes to walk out, "I'm sorry." I say stopping Nathan in his tracks.
"Eva, get dressed. I'm taking you out. Nothing special just some trainers, trackies and a top. Maybe a jacket too." He says as I nod and start to get ready.

Once I was ready, I wheeled myself into the living room as Nathan smiled and got me to follow him to the car. Once he fitted me and my chair into the car, we buckled up and started on our way to wherever we were going.

Nathan turned on the stereo before we started singing along. Even thought I was in a bad mood, just singing along to my favourite songs made me happier.

Soon enough, the car stopped as I looked out the window to see a goat farm. What are we doing at a oat farm? Won't my wheels get dirty and covered in mud?

"Nathan, what are we doing at a goat farm?" I ask as he smiles and helps me into my wheelchair.
"You'll see." He says, pushing me through the gate.

We walk through the farm before we get to a sign that says 'GOAT ADOPTION - £2 A MONTH'. I start to smile brightly as Nathan pushes me under the sign and into a small tent where I see some baby goats and some forms.

"Hi, are you here to adopt a goat?" A woman says walking up to us.
"Yeah, I'd like Eva here to pick the goat and name it?" Nathan asks as the woman nods and smiles.
"Well, over here are the unnamed goats. All you have to do is pick your goat, name it and then fill in these forms. You come back whenever you want over the months to see your goat and watch it grow up for only £2." The woman says as I start to pet one of the goats.

It was white with a few black spots.

"I want this one." I say as Nathan smiles, "And I want to call him Soya." I say as the woman now starts smiling.
"Great! If you want to come this way so you can fill out your form with your details and the oats name, then you can pay your £2 and bond with your oat if you like." The woman says as I nod and smile before filling out the paperwork.

~~

Once Nathan I got home, I was in an amazing mood compared to this morning. Nathan helped me back into the house before pushing me into the living room and sitting me on the sofa. Once he'd got me comfortable, he sat down and placed my legs over his before moaning that my casts were heavy.

"You put my legs there and you know my casts are heavy, Nathan." I say as he laughs.
"Well, move then. Put your legs over there and your head on my lap." He says as I do that.

He switches on the TV and puts on a random program before running his fingers through my hair. I look up at him as he looks down at me. He stares into my eyes before leaning down, bringing his face close to mine.

"Nath, it's too soon. You and Paige just broke up and I'm not ready to have my first kiss yet. I want it to be special." I say as he kisses my forehead.
"I know. I'm sorry. It just felt right." He says as I smile at him.
"I'm sorry." I say as he smiles.
"Don't worry about it." he says as we go back to watching the TV.

He was just about to kiss me and I ruined it.

I really wanted to kiss him too.