Little Things

Cassiopeia is her favorite constellation, not because of how its stars form it but because of how her lips move when she says its name.

Titanic is the movie she would never get tired of watching. She loves the plot, and of course, Leonardo di Caprio.

Coffee Jelly will always be what she'd order in a cafè and it doesn't have to be Starbucks.

She likes eating ramen and pretend as if she is an expert at chopsticks.

Her favorite color is black, as it's the new pink.

She loves looking up at the moon, majestic at any phase according to her, with someone she really cares about.

She doesn't like it when someone is doing something for her just to impress her.

She sleeps on the right side of her bed, with one leg blanket-free, with the lights on.

She hates herself during the first few hours after she wakes up.

She is a cat person.

She is obssessed with pandas. I mean, who isn't? But she's never seen one in person.

If she ever gets annoyed at you, she tends to hide it. Or tries to, at least.

When she's lying about something, she bits her lower lip and won't look at you.

She listens to all kinds of music and has always been more interested in the lyrics than the genre.

She says she's okay but it's not true all the time.

When she gives something, it's never a quid pro quo. She never expects something in return.

She likes going places and they don't have to be the most famous beaches, the most-visited mountains, scenic spots. She would appreciate even just a short walk or a tricycle ride somewhere she can enjoy company and streetfood.

She does her hair in a different manner every now and then depending on her mood.

She likes doodling at the back of her notebook.

She feels comfortable and safest when being hugged and patted on the head.

She can hold her breath for 1 minute and regret it afterwards.

She likes Math and English, but hates Physics.

Just little things about her.

That you should remember. That should matter to you as much as it does to her. That you should notice and make a mental note of without her telling you to.

Because I failed there. And only realized these things when it was too late. Until I saw how I wasn't able to be there for her enough to instill these little things about her in my mind and remember them by heart.

She's yours now. Don't fail her. Take care of her. Love her deep and true. Don't be another tragic chapter in her book that she'll end up wishing didn't happen. Do for her what I was not able to. Bring her to places I didn't get the chance to.

Make her matter.

That's what she deserves.