To you who have moved on

To you who have moved on,

Trust me. I know how hard it has been for you before you reached this point. A lot of the people you know said moving on was easy, just as long as you really want to.

It has never been easy.

You will feel many things first; from pain to regret to anger to hatred to self-pity.  You will travel back in time and feed yourself with thoughts and unanswerable questions. And you will cry buckets of tears.

Of course, yes, you want to move on. Because you know that you deserve the kind of peace it brings. You don't want to let the pain extend its stay in your heart. You don't want to remain angry and hurt.

But, sometimes, no matter how much you want to make something happen, no matter how much you want to do something, you’ll be slapped cold in the face that no matter what you try to do, nothing changes. Because it's not easy.

There are things that block your way and make it too difficult for you. For someone who's trying to move on, your enemies are:

One, memories. That are close to impossible to forget. They will always be there to stay. There will be times when you won't think of them, but it only takes one person, JUST ONE PERSON, who will say their name, or will mention something related to them. Then your mind will automatically go back to thinking of the past. Of him, or her.

Two, chances. That you still believe in. That you still hold on to. Because you find it hard to just close the door and turn your back on possibilities that that person might have a change of mind. Or a change of heart. Maybe you can be together again. Maybe both of you can pick up where you left off and start anew. Chances that even if you won't admit, you know you might still give.

And three, love itself. The love you are capable of giving. You love not just him or her. You love the both of you and what you shared together. You still love that person. And you are only moving on because you have loved deep and true. Your heart is too big that even for the wrong persons, you have a lot of love to give.

Those three made your journey going forward almost blurry. Thankfully, you kept going. The road was steep and filled with hurdles but you continued. You didn’t give up on your wish to move on. You endured. You stood for it. And now, you don't feel empty inside anymore. You feel light and more alive than ever. You've been hurt. You struggled. You fought. You survived. And you won. Finally. Remember that feeling. That's what it feels when you give yourself what you deserve. That's something to be proud of.

Congratulations!