Coffee Break

I woke with the sun in my eyes. Ugh....this is way too early, I thought. I rolled over and stretched long working out the aches from last night. I sat up and looked around the bedroom. It was trashed. I was not happy.

Last night was particularly wild. My current boyfriend Nikki Sixx stayed over again. Let's face it he was living here with me. He would deny that,of course. Heaven forbid he admit he was in a relationship, a committed one no less. I chuckled to myself. What a commitment phobe.

The shower was running and he was in it. We both had long days ahead of us. He was in the studio writing music for his band Motely Crue. It wasn't going well.

There was a lot of fighting with the band. Vince Neil,singer,Tommy Lee, drummer and Mick Mars lead were drinking instead of playing, yelling instead of writing.

Nikki came home cranky most nights. He bitched every single night to me. I didn't mind. Kept him sober and hell me too.

"Harley"! Nikki yelled from the shower.

I started to lit a cigarette. "Yeah", I yelled back.

"Come here. Join me. " I laughed, and stubbed out my cigarette. Never one to miss an opportunity to be with my man I ran into the bathroom and stepped into the shower...

Coffee. I needed my coffee. And, I needed it now. I was heading to my office to meet with my manager and agent. Currently I am the most sought after, most in demand super model in the US. Or, so I'm told. I enjoy it really.

I love modeling and being in front of a camera. I'm pretty shy and mainly an introvert but stick in me in front of a camera and I come alive. I become confident and sure of myself. The camera loves me and I love it.

I was about to turn into my favorite Dunkin Donuts when my cell rang. I looked at it and frowned. It was Vince calling me. Oh, what does he want? I clicked on, "good morning Vince", I tried to sound friendly.

"Where is he"? He growled in my ear. I sighed. "Vince, Nikki is on his way."

"Well, he isn't here yet",was my angry response. As if I could speed up time or magically transport him. "Vince, relax, he's coming. We left at the same time." I tried to sound nice. Hope I pulled it off.

"Fine. Bye". Click. How charming.

I grabbed my coffee and chocolate donut. I was walking through the store looking at nerds rope. I have a serious addiction to sugar. I stared trying to decide if I should buy it or not when Bam! I smacked right into the back of someone. My Coffee went all over me,the floor the person....I screamed he screamed.

He turned around and my breath caught in my throat. W. Axl. Rose. The most notorious lead singer in the world. He was the front man for Guns N' Roses. Of all the people I had to spill steaming coffee on, it had to be the guy who's known for smacking people.

"What the hell- " he yelled.

"I'm so sorry Axl...er. ..Mr. Axl. ..Mr. Rose...Axl Rose...uh...." Great Harley, throw coffee on him than screw up his name. I was going to get punched for sure.

He stared at me. I stared at him. Our eyes locked. I felt this.....energy between us, this moment, chemistry. I couldn't breathe.

He felt it too. I know he did because we stood there in the middle of the store aisle with coffee and chocolate all over us but we didn't move.

"I am so sorry. So sorry," I managed to get out. I immediately bent down to pick up napkins at the same exact moment he did. Our heads smacked. "Aaaaahhhhh"! We screamed in unison.

To my utter shock he began laughing. Ok. I'm not going to die in the Dunkin Donuts. I half laughed half groaned. " Its ok. Really,"he said. "No. I am so sorry. And, all over your nice leather coat with the snake design." At that, Axl began to laugh harder. Oh, Lord what did I say now.

All around us people sprang into action. The sales clerk came out. Since we are famous, apparently we don't know how to clean ourselves up.

"Mr. Rose! Ms. Keene! Are you alright?" I looked and the manager was coming towards us. I was covered in chocolate frosting. My hands,my wrists, my tank top.

"I'm ok. But, my coffee isn't. " I suddenly looked at Axl. "Oh, check on him"! Again, Axl laughed.

He stuck out his hand. "Since we just shared morning coffee together I thought we should properly introduce ourselves. I'm Axl".

Despite my horror I stuck out my chocolate hand. "I'm Harley".

"Here, let me" I said as he began to clean up himself and the floor. The manager and clerks and other patrons were suddenly all helping us and of course snapping pictures. Some guy even grabbed my napkins and ran out the door with them.

"You're Harley Keene,aren't you"? Axl asked.

"I am. And, you're Axl Rose."

"I've seen you before."

"I've seen you before too."

"You're a famous supermodel,right"?

"You're a famous singer, right"?

Oh my gosh! Why am I repeating everything he's saying? What is wrong with me??

We just stared at one another. I swear I was pulled toward him like a magnet. All around us,people were cleaning,selling,stealing napkins but we saw only each other. I shook myself awake.

"Um, I can take your coat and have it cleaned for you considering it s my fault".

I tried to sound like a human.

Axl shook his head. "No, Harley Keene, it's ok. I don't mind at all. I have 8 more".

"Ok. If you're sure." Great response idiot.

Suddenly we were all cleaned up and standing there awkwardly.

"Well, nice meeting you," I said,"I'm so sorry again. So sorry."

I told him I needed to get going. The manager gave me another coffee and donut all on him, he said. Ok. I wreck the store and get free food.

"Let's have coffee again sometime. " Axl smirked.

"Ok". I started to walk away and when I got into my car and looked back at him Axl was watching me.