When the Past Comes Back

I'm engaged!!!!!! I told everyone I could think of. The guys were so sick of hearing it, they would say, "Yes, Harley We know", even before I said it.

The news had our engagement everywhere. Its as if we were the first celebrity to have an engagement. I didn't care. I truly felt happy.

I was upstairs getting dressed when there was a knock on my door. Only I and Izzy were here and I knew he would never answer it.

I picked up my new shish Tzu puppy named Lady and went down to answer. I opened my door and two women stood there. One was around my age and the other looked to be about a teenager,older one, Even.

"Yes," I said feeling the hairs on my arms tingle.

"Is Axl here?" The older one asked.

"No,can I help you," I asked feeling anxious.

"Perhaps,  my name is Jessica McFadden and this is my daughter Landry. "

I said hello to each of them. Izzy came and stood behind me. Just his presence was making me feel better already.

"Actually," Jessica began,"Landry is also Axl's daughter. We need to see him. Now."

My jaw dropped. Axl had a daughter? ??

"Um, what?  "

"Are you hard of hearing?  Landry is Axl's kid. He needs to get here and take responsibility for her. I'm done. She's all his."

Landry stood there with her head down. I was trying to regain my composure.  I was failing.

"Axl doesn't have a daughter.  Who are you?" I managed to get out.

I looked at Izzy and he looked as surprised as I was.

"Listen, chick, she is his. I've been on my own raising her without a penny from That trash. I'm done now. She has been impossible and a ungrateful brat. Its his turn now."

She shoved Landry forward and turned around. I just stood there like a fool not knowing what to do. Jessica got back into her car and drove away. Just like that. This woman dropped her daughter off on a stranger's doorstep.

I looked at this poor girl. She hadn't said a word. Not one. She stood there with a bag in her hand with her head down.

My mind was spinning. Axl had a daughter.  Axl had a daughter. No. It can't be. Yes, it could. Lady was wagging her tail tipping. It pulled me from my daze. Izzy cleared his throat.

"Oh, uh, um, come in," I said. I stepped aside and let her come in. She followed and I told her to have a seat. I looked at Izzy and he shrugged. 

"You have a cute dog," Landry said.

"Lady?" I asked As if there were other dogs here.

She nodded shyly. My heart went out to her. This poor kid. Here she was in a completely strange home with a strange woman and her mother just dropped her off. Just up and left her.

"Here, I'll give her to you. Um, Izzy.  Never mind. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Can I get you a drink? Something to eat?" I'm rambling.

"No thank you," she replied.

"Ok. I'll go call Axl,  your dad, Axl. "

I looked and felt like a buffoon.

I set Lady next to her who immediately began licking her and wagging her tail. Landry picked her up and they instantly took a liking to each other.

I motioned to Izzy to sit with her and make her feel more at ease. So, I picked Izzy for the job? Great.  I bolted upstairs and called Axl.

He answered right away. "Hey baby."

"Come home NOW.  There is a teenage girl here who was just dropped off by a woman claiming your the father."

Dead silence.

Than, "what the hell are you talking about??"

"Axl please just get here. I don't know what to do."

We hung up. Axl was on his way.

A/N
Sorry this was another short chapter. I had to do the filler. Thank you all for reading. :)