Aftermath

I laid there for. ...I don't know...it was long. I knew I had to get help. Who? What? I could call my best friend Paul But it was late and he had a family. Doubt if wifey would appreciate that.

Axl.  I will call him. He's the only one I want right now. My coffee and nerds rope buddy.

I grabbed my phone and called him. One ring....two rings...three...come on Axl pick up....."Hello."

Thank God! "Axl, help. I need you." I croaked out.

"Harley?  What's wrong?"

"I'm hurt. Nikki...." I trailed off.

"Tell me where you are and I'll be right there".

I told him my address clicked the phone off and everything went black.

I awoke to the something cold and wet on my face and a man's voice.

"Harley. Harley...wake up."

I opened my eyes and there was Axl.  Even in my state,which wasn't very pretty,I still reacted to him. Butterflies even though right now they felt more like crows. Suddenly, I had to throw up.

"Uh, Axl. ........"

There it was. I threw up all over him. Did I really just vomit on Axl Rose?

He jumped back but it got him.

"I am so sorry. So sorry."

"Well, Harley I have to say of all the women I've met you're the only one who's tried to burn me and throw up on me all in 24 hours".

"I'm so sorry. I'll clean it."

I tried to move but pain shot threw my head making me dizzy. I groaned.

"Whoa there beautiful.  You're in no condition to help me. I'm here to help you. I think you have a concussion so I will clean up and then I'm taking you to the ER".

I couldn't protest or argue I just laid there.

Within a few minutes it seemed Axl was there,cleaned up and taking me to the hospital. I swear he drove so fast he hit warp 1.

He was so gentle and kind. He held my hand the whole time he drove. He was talking to me reassuring me I was going to be alright. He also said something to the affect of killing Nikki. At this point, go ahead.

The ER doctors and nurses were wonderful. They didn't make a big deal over us. They had two celebrities in their midst but they were cool. I needed stitches,had a mild concussion and a fractured rib. The whole time I was being fixed up Axl never left my side. He told stories and jokes and made me feel safe. The hospital wanted to keep me overnight for observation due to my concussion. I said no. They said it was for precaution. Axl stepped right up and offered to stay with me all night and watch over me.  They were going to release me into his care. Just when they were finishing up,and it seemed to take a lifetime, the police showed up. They needed to know who had done this and if I wanted to press charges.

I was so so angry I did. How dare Nikki put his hands on me. How dare he screw my best friend? I gave them a statement. Axl was angry. He was furious.  He turned to the cops before they left and said, "find him before I do."

Axl drove me home and we talked and even laughed. How could I be laughing at a time like this? It seemed ludicrous.

He brought me upstairs to my room. He drew me a bath and helped me get undressed and put me in the tub. He was never inappropriate or a perv.  He was gentle and kind and took wonderful care of me.

He helped me put on my pajamas and when I gasped in pain he would quickly adjust himself and apologize.  He brought me food and whatever I needed. He coddled me,told me how beautiful I was despite my horror movie looks.

He wasn't being sly or kissing up. He had no reason to. Since, I couldn't sleep for 24 hours we had to keep ourselves awake. We played UNO, war and all kinds of games.

We turned the TV on too. We watched the news,old movies,old videos and laughed. Just about 5am the news reported Nikki's arrest. I bolted upright and instantly regretted it.

"Nikki Sixx,bassist for the rock band, Motley Crue, has been arrested for apparent assault and battery of his girlfriend supermodel Harley Keene.

The police picked up Mr. Sixx at his home in West Hollywood around 2am This morning. Ms. Keene was treated and released at Mt. Siniai late last night. It appears she suffered a mild concussion,a broken rib and needed several stitches. This was done allegedly at the hands of Mr Sixx. Nikki Sixx will be arraigned later today."

He moved on to another topic. Oh, great. Here we go...

"I didn't figure it would take long for this to become public but like 5 hours? Come on." I complained to Axl.

"Yeah, it sucks sometimes being famous. But, Harley don't worry about that. You just need to get better. Focus on yourself."

"You make a point. It just ticks me off. I don't want to be seen as the victim."

Axl grabbed my hands and held them. He looked straight into my eyes. I melted.

"You were a victim,Harley. He beat you. But, now you're not. Believe me when I say, he won't come anywhere near you. He so much as looks at you, I will kill him. He will never hurt you again. He's going to have to come through me First and that's never gonna happen. I will protect you from him and anyone else. No one will hurt you again."

He said it with such venom and passion I knew he meant it. He made me feel so safe. I was safe with him. He would protect me and I was safe with him. Always.

The next few days were like living in wedded bliss. That sounds strange. I should've been crying,angry a hysterical mess. But, I wasn't. I was talking and laughing and.....happy. How weird is that? My boyfriend beat the crap out of me,cheated on me with my best friend and here I was laughing,smiling and having a good time.

Axl called the band and director of the video and halted shooting for a few days. Nobody was going to argue with Axl Rose.  My manager dropped by as did my team and friends everyone except....Bella That's how I knew. Axl was my ever vigilant protector. Nobody came through unless he checked. I couldn't face Bella yet. That's what hurt the most. She and I were so close. I couldn't believe she did this. I couldn't deal with her...yet. But, I would.

All the Guns guys came over too. They were so sweet and nice. They brought me flowers and teddy bears. They hung out and brought their girlfriends too. They brought instruments and played for us. It was great. They all waited on me,cooked and ordered out. It was so bizarre to be like this,in this predicament but be having a good time. These guys were awesome and treating me like one of them. Despite the circumstances I felt like I belonged. Like I had a family.