Let the Battle Begin

The next two months were a living hell. We were in a custody battle, my career was actually getting bigger and Guns were trying to make a new album.

There was constant fighting in the house. Axl and I had begun taking all of this out on each other.  The Guns guys only came over for album purposes. No more getting together, No more hanging out or going out. It was hell.

Because Jessica was the mother and Axl had no rights yet during the trial the judge ordered Landry back to her mom's and we were granted visitation.  Jessica lived in s seedy hotel with some guy Landry called" uncle Bill. "

Landry visited us every weekend and when She arrived she was dirty and smelled like alcohol and smoke. She cried every Sunday she had to go back. We all did.

Thankfully,  I had work. I was booked on almost every fashion show in NYC and Paris. I was flying to and from. I was so close to the Victoria's Secret gig I could taste it.

I had basically given up on getting pregnant for now. And, I wanted that Victoria's Secret. Can't have a huge belly while posing in lingerie.  That would be...gross to say the least.

The decision for Landry was this Friday.  That was making me ill.  I couldn't sleep and I couldn't eat. I finally stopped taking Duff's pills but I could really use them right now.

"I'm going to lose tomorrow. " Axl said to me late Thursday night.

"You don't know that."

He shook his head. "I do. They rarely give custody to the father and I haven't been in Landry's life long enough."

He made a point. He stood up. "I'll be right back." He left and came back a few minutes later with some papers. He handed them to me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Just read."

I did.  The papers stated for a sum of one million dollars Jessica gives up all rights to Landry. Basically,  she takes the money and runs. She won't be allowed back in Landry's life. She signs over sole custody to Axl and Once he and I are married I become her mother. All Jessica has to do is take the money and sign.

"Is this,um,legal?"

"Yes, it is. Harley, We both know Jessica doesn't want Landry she only wants money."

I agreed. I knew it was.

He held out his hand. "Let's go. Were going now. I want this done tonight."

I was shocked. "Now? It's kind of late."

"I don't care. We need to do this now. And, I'll give it to my lawyer."

"Ok. Let's do this."

I grabbed my coat and we were out the door.

We arrived at Jessica's" house." The Sundance Motel. How charming. There was a homeless man laying out front. Groups of seedy characters standing around. Drug deals going down. This is where they lived? We need to get Landry now.

Axl gripped my hand tightly making sure I was safe. He knocked on the door. Uncle Bill answered in boxers and a white tank top.

"Yeah?" He scratched his greasy balding head.

"Where's Jessica? " Axl demanded.

Greasy Bill pointed in the room. "Right here. Come in."

We walked in and Jessica was sitting on the couch in a long t shirt. She was strung out. What a nasty disgusting piece of trash.

She sat up or tried to. "Axl and the princess. What brings you here? Down with all these low lifers?"

"Look, I have a deal for you." Axl said.

"Oh,yeah ? Like what?"

He handed her the papers. She looked at them briefly.

"Jessica, for one million dollars you give Landry to me. I will give you the money right now. Its all yours all you gotta do is sign."

He handed her a pen. She took it and sat there.

"Whoa. A million dollars? That's a lot of dough." Uncle Bill said

"So, you give me the money right now? I'll have a million in my hand?"

"Yup, it's just that easy."

It took her all of about 5 seconds to decide.

"Give me my money. You take the kid. I'm done."

I was shocked. This woman was no mother. All she cared about was money. That's it.

Axl handed her a wad of cash. He actually had it. He handed it to her after she signed.

He looked down at her.

"Let me make something very clear. This is a done deal. A legal document. You are not to come near Landry again nor will you ask for more money. If you do, I will throw your ass in jail. Got me?"

She waved at him eyeing the cash. "Yeah,yeah."

He nodded. "Good. Go get my daughter."

Jessica turned and yelled for Landry.  She didn't ever bother to get up.

"Landry! Get out here!"

Landry walked out and anger filled up in me. Landry looked gross. Her hair was matted and clearly she hadn't bathed since our house.

"What kind of a filthy mother are you?? Look at her. What is wrong with you?"

I couldn't help myself.

Jessica shrugged. "She's a retard. She don't no know difference. "

"You stupid drugged out whore! Don't you dare talk about her like that!"

Uncle Bill stared toward me. "Hey bitch, don't you talk to Jess like that."

Axl was on him in a flash. He had uncle Bill on the floor in a chokehold .

"Do not speak to Her like that." Axl wasn't yelling. He didn't need to. His tone said it all.

"Hey, asshole get off me!" Uncle Bill yelled. Landry was crying. Jessica jumped up. She really can move.

"Get out! Get off my man! Take her and go!"

Axl let him go. I ran to Landry and grabbed her hand. Axl came over and hugged her.

"Come on, Lets go home."

She smiled and we headed toward the door. Axl turned toward Jessica.

"Never ever again come near us or Landry again."

"Yeah,yeah."

We left and those two were counting the money.

We arrived home and we were all exhausted. But, very happy. It was over. Finally.

Axl turned to his daughter. "Go on up and take a shower honey than go to bed."

Lady came bounding into the room barking and happily wagging her tail.

Landry hugged us both. "I love you mom and dad. Thank you for bringing me home. Come on Lady."

Axl and I were laying in bed too tired to move but relieved beyond belief. "Axl I am so proud of you. That was truly a selfless act. You brought our daughter home. I've never loved you more."

I gave him a kiss. It was passionate and wonderful.

"I never could've done it without you. You're a great mom to her. I love you."

"I love you too."

We kissed again and spent the next hour celebrating.