Back to Work

The time working on the video with the band was amazing. We worked long days but it was non stop fun.

The band was either drunk or high or both. But, somehow we got the work done. I was healing quickly and thanks to the wonderful makeup artists my bruise and cut were basically non existent.

Axl and I were inseparable.  We spent every waking moment together. We couldn't get enough of one another. The guys really made fun of him for that. Sometimes, it became a little too much.  I would just walk away and shrug it off. But, not Axl.  He became angry.

One night we were all at the Rainbow drinking and laughing and having a good time when Slash started in with the jokes about us again. This was really getting old. I started to tell him to shut up when Axl went all Chuck Norris on him.

He flipped the table over drinks and cigarettes went flying everywhere.  Slash's Jack Daniels went all over me. We all jumped up. "Shut up! Just shut the hell up!" Axl was screaming. He picked up a chair and threw it. People were ducking for cover. I was in shock. He screamed at them and swore and picked up a glass and slammed it on the floor.

I screamed as glass went everywhere. "Screw you guys! I'm outta here!" And, he walked out. I panicked.  What was going on?? What was happening?? Did I step into the twilight zone?

I chased after him screaming his name like a wild woman. He was out the door. I chased him. "Axl! ! Axl wait!! Axxxxxxlllll! !!"

He just kept going as if he couldn't hear me. I know he did, jeez, people in China could hear me. I was crying and running and people were staring.

He jumped in his car and peeled out of the parking lot leaving me there. He left me. Oh my gosh, he left me here. I cried harder.

All the guys came out and circled me.

"Did he hurt you?" Duff asked me.

I looked at him as if he grew a second head.

"No. Of course not. He would never."

Duff and Izzy exchanged glances.

Slash put his arm around me.

"Look, Harley He does this. He has these episodes,"he used air quotes,"and he goes ballistic.  He's done this as long as I've known him. He hasn't in a long time. We were hoping you had changed that in him. Guess not."

Episodes? Long time? I didn't know what to think.

Izzy looked at me,"Look Harley I'll take you home. It'll be ok. Just be there for him, ok hon?"

"Izzy-" Duff began but Izzy cut him off. "No Duff Harley's had a positive affect on him. Maybe this one will be better. Maybe she can pull him out of it."

Duff shook his head. "You shouldn't do that to her,man." Ok. Enough. I'm standing right here.

"Ok. I love you guys but stop talking about me as if I'm not here! I will handle him. I just need to be with him. Izzy, please take me home."

Izzy nodded and Slash and Duff went back into the Rainbow to settle the cost of Axl's

Onset of psychosis. Izzy drove me home and Axl's car was in the driveway. Thank God he was here!

"Good luck and if you need anything call,"Izzy said. I hugged him,thanked him,got out and went inside.

The house was dark as if he weren't here. I knew he was. "Axl! Axl! Baby where are you?" I kept calling. Nothing.

I went upstairs and found him in my spare bedroom. He was in the room sitting on the floor smoking.

"Axl, what are you doing?"

He never even looked up or responded. I tried again again. Nothing. I sat there. He sat there staring at the floor unresponsive.  I tried talking to him, I cried to him, I begged. Nothing. So, I left crying.

He stayed that way for days. I was panicked.  I cried, screamed everything. I as scared. What was wrong?

Anytime I called the guys they just said over and over that this was normal for him and to be patient he would come out of it.

The video needed to finish. I had other work lined up and we had a deadline. Finally, four days and many tears later Axl emerged.

I was eating chips and watching The Walking Dead when he just walked in as if nothing happened.

"Hey baby," He said and sat down.  Um, ok, This is new. He looked like hell.  He was tired looking and He had a small beard growing.

He took my hand. "Look, I'm sorry for my behavior. I'm sorry I scared you. But, I'm ok now."

Ok. Well, he has a psychotic break and he's ok. I'm not.

"Axl, " I began. He cut me off.

"Baby, it's over. I'm fine now and I DO NOT want to talk about it."

I just sat there like a schmuck.

He stood back up. He held his hand out to me. "I need a shower. Care to join me?"

He smiled and I melted. I'll just shut up.

I took his hand and he led me upstairs.