♛Chptr. 2 || ☆☆ A Dog Person ☆☆♛

☆☆ A Dog Person ☆☆

Jimin was now on his home after buying some groceries for Hoseok. He worked at some bread shop and it just closed for the night so he did his best friend a favor and went shopping for their food.

"Ow." Jimin winced as he massaged his lower back. He was walking in that sidewalk, holding the single bag of his groceries. His back really hurts even though all he did was stand there over the counter all day.

He happened to pass by some of the other stores that are aligned to their shop when he suddenly heard someone yelling. 

"HOW DARE YOU JUST STEAL FOOD FROM HERE, YOU LITTLE PUNK!" Jimin got curious so he walked slowly towards the booming voice. 

A few steps and he found his feet stepping onto that alleyway. His eyes suddenly widened when he literally sees some old man who looks like he was on his 50's raising up a broomstick towards the poor guy. The latter who was about to get hit was all balled up on that ground near that garbage bin, covering his head with his arms.

 "Hey, hey! STOP!" Jimin gets in the middle even before the old man could even swing his broomstick and hit the guy. He was standing in front of the man now, his eyebrows furrowed at the horrible scene he just witnessed on his supposed to be a peaceful way home.

"Excuse me, but I don't think you should be beating someone with that broomstick, Mister!" Jimin defended, standing tall with pride even though the old man was obviously taller than him by at least a few inches. Jimin wasn't bothered either intimidated by it nonetheless.

Jimin looked over his shoulder for a while and he sees the guy still balled up, covering his face with his arms as if he was protecting himself. 

"Do you even fucking know what you are entering now, boy? He stole food from here and I'm just teaching him a lesson!" The old man argued as he points his angry glare towards the guy behind Jimin. Jimin looked around and saw the scattered plastics and scraps of food surrounding the garbage bin. 

"And what exactly did he steal, may I ask?" Jimin asked sassily because it seemed suspicious.

"Can't you see this whole mess?! He created this! He ate from my garbage!" Jimin scoffed. Did he just hear it right?

"And you called it stealing?! Excuse me again, Mister but those foods that shouldn't even be consumed by now are in the garbage bin which means that you basically threw it out already! There's nothing wrong if he wants to get it!" Jimin protests, his hands now on his waist. He was really pissed off by the attitude of this old geezer. 

"It is still my garbage bin! I can do whatever I want from it and I will decide on what will happen to it!" 

"And do you think that beating someone by just merely trying to get some food on your restaurant's garbage bin would solve everything?! You should even be thankful since he goes all the way here to appreciate the taste of the horrible food that you serve!" The old man was obviously offended and Jimin liked that look on his face. Sure, he hasn't eaten in that restaurant yet and he hasn't tasted the food but still, since it was owned by this shitty owner then it means that the food must be shitty as well.

They fought for a long while before Jimin threatened to call the police and report that he was about to do an act of violence so all the old man could do was huff as he walks inside his restaurant.

Jimin sighed in victory and he crouched down and looked at the person who was behind him all this time watching the two arguing.

"Um... are you okay? Are you hurt?" Jimin was about to remove some rice that was on the guy's cheek unconsciously but the latter flinched so Jimin stopped his hand's movement. He pulled his hand in an instant.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." The guy then looked up and it was hard to find his eyes really since his hair was all messed up in a curl. Jimin happened to look on that thing on his neck... a black collar.

"Jungkook..." Jimin reads out loud before he stares at the latter once again. "Is that your name?" Jungkook paused but then he nodded slowly.

"Okay, Jungkook... Why are you here? Are you homeless?" Jungkook tilted his head on the side innocently as if he was trying to get what Jimin was saying. Jimin's face contorted in confusion.

"Um... can you talk?" Jungkook just stared at him as he sat properly, his hands resting on his crossed legs in front of Jimin. He was attentively just listening to Jimin talking, confused as well.

Jimin gasped at the realization. "YOU CAN'T TALK?!" Jungkook flinched and backed up immediately as he produced some low growl, his attack mode on as he glares at Jimin and his hands forming into claws. He was startled at the shout and Jimin quickly apologizes. He was just surprised too after all.

"S-Sorry, again... p-please calm down." Jungkook's breathing was starting to calm down by the look of his chest falling up and down slowly. 

Jimin stood up and smiled. He was searching through his grocery bag and then he beamed after he saw what he was looking for. He withdraws it and hands it to Jungkook.

"Here, you can eat this. This is my favorite and I'm sharing one to you!" Jimin was handing Jungkook a Twinkie, his favorite snack. He would've given Jungkook everything in that bag but too bad since it was all Hoseok's. Now he was regretting of only buying two Twinkies. He should've bought more and wasted Hoseok's money for going all the way to the store for his best friend.

Jungkook carefully looks at the Twinkie that Jimin was handing him. It was his first time seeing such a thing. He looks at it, and then back to Jimin, and then to the Twinkie once again. 

Jimin giggles, finding Jungkook extremely weird but also cute. In the end, he grabbed Jungkook's left hand and placed the Twinkie on top of the latter's opened palm. Jungkook stares at him questioningly so he gestured and opened his mouth, his right index finger pointing onto it. 

"Eat." Jimin told with a smile before he started walking towards his way home once again.

It was a fifteen-minute walk and he finally reached the street of his neighborhood. He passed by to one of his neighbor's gate and saw Cholo there. Cholo was a chow chow puppy that his neighbor owned and Jimin especially liked that neighbor of his because of that dog. Cholo was adorable and Jimin can't seem to get enough of him.

Cholo was already on the gate, wagging his tail from Jimin's presence making Jimin giggle. He started walking towards Cholo's gate but he got startled when Cholo began barking really loud to him. He stepped back and thought as to why Cholo would bark at him but as he looked closely, Cholo's barks weren't really directed to him. It was directed at somewhere... or someone?

Jimin looked on his back and there he saw that person.

Jungkook in all fours was looking up at him with those innocent but pleading eyes, almost as if he was asking Jimin for something. The Twinkie that was still unopened was bitten in between his teeth. 

"What the..."

✿✿✿✿✿

I happen to know Twinkies when I watched "Zombieland". It was a great movie and it was very funny, have you watched it before?