41. Taking charge

Nicholae was no longer at the wheel.
Yet no one knew except the demon who was in control of the body. For so days without end, he laid dormant waiting for a chance to snatch the reigns from the idiotic vampire.
Who would have guessed of all the triggers that seeing Jeffery again would give him strength.
He should kill Osei now that he had the chance but he'd be dead before he lifted a finger.

'He is another lead we could explore.'

'Have you tried torturing him?' The demon smiled at Jeffery who was asleep.

'He's my life source, I can't risk it yet. But since you're a vampire, you could use your compulsion.' Osei offered.
But the demon in Nicholae's body had no intention of helping Osei. He did however have plans for Jeffery.

'Of course. But that'll have to be another day, we've been gone too long.'

Nicholae had done a fine job of gettingOsei's trust. Revealing his life source, poor fool had made a mistake. Once the mistress got word of this, he'd be promoted.

They left the tent with his mind working quickly. How could he communicate with the boy without the wolves hearing his conversation.

'You've suddenly gone quiet.' Osei frowned.
Nicholae couldn't let him regret letting him in on his best kept secret this far.
'Of course. First Seth, Danielle and now Jeffery. We will have important pieces to the puzzle soon.'

The demon saw the solution to his initial predicament.
Fauna stepped out of the cabin, walking intently towards him. Her steps faltered when she finally looked at him.

'My Lord. Is everything alright?' She asked with a worried expression on her face.

'Peachy. Just a slight stomach ache.'
He could get used to being called Lord.
Osei excuses himself and sought out Cayden.

'Did you handle communications with Seth?'

She nodded. 'He's going to text me his decision.'
A text? That simple. Well one thing he knew for sure was there was no way Osei would let Jeffery get a phone.
'That's not secure enough Fauna. His phone can be easily compromised. For now that will have to do.'

'What do you suggest ... my Lord?'

'You're the witch, think of something.' He replied impatiently and Fauna flinched a little.
Maybe that had been too harsh, this Nicholae fellow was a fluff. The demon groaned, he'd have to be more careful with how he handled this.

'The pain is making a little edgy. Find me a spell that would allow me to communicate in someone's dream.'
He nearly snapped his fingers when the idea sprouted in his mind.
'You can do that can't you.'

'I think there's a spell for that back in the libraries.'

'Good. That's where we're all going then. Round up the rest of the goons.'

Fauna stopped Nicholae,
'My Lord, shouldn't we stay a while? I think Valentina would want that.'

Nicholae groaned and rolled his neck of his shoulders, a knot had just formed as a result of sheer stupidity. He was the Vampire Lord, his word should be law and not second guessed by mere servants. He contemplated using compulsion on the bitch but there were too many eyes.
What would Nicholae do?

He spun with a creepy smile on his face.
'We'll get her a phone.' There, handled like a pro.

'She might want you to comfort her in person.'

'A phone and a laptop, they can video call.'

'I don't mean...' Fauna tried once more but his patience was already worn thinner than possible.