68. End of the Night

So we let her go?
Malaki asked watching Nicholae drive away from their temporary hideout.

No Mal, we kill her. We can't have her wheeling out of here a free woman. She'll make a run for it and we'll never catch her again.

'We're not letting her go.' Osei said to them.
Not after the confessions, she'd made. Osei needed answers.

She's in the bloody car with Nicholae and he's dropping her back off at the home. Or am I missing something?

Osei shoved his hands in his pocket and watched the pink and orange sky.
'Well then listen to the plan.'

             *************************

Danielle, Semi, Clarissa and Fauna stayed outside with the other wolves worried to death when the phone call came in. Semi hastily answered.
'Osei? Tell me everything is alright.'

'Yes. And I'm going to send you my location so please send volunteers over. We're having ourselves a little demon hunt and an old fashion torturing session.'

Semi jotted down the address and rallied some of them up.
'Count me in Semi. I can't believe he left me out of the excitement so far.' Cayden said, immediately jumping in. This automatically meant Liza and Lupé were on board as well.
Every one of the pack members was willing to fight alongside their Alpha. But she could choose a few according to Osei's instructions.

With Fauna and Clarissa's help, she sent them to Osei's location with a transportation spell enacted on a large scale.

'This is something serious isn't it?'
Semi took Danielle's hand.
'Osei will be fine. He's in better shape than he was months ago.'

Danielle bit her lips.

'No, he's not. He's been pretending for your sake. You can ask Jeffery. The wound opens every other week now and I don't even know when those are.'

Semi tightened her hold for support.
'But why would he lie to me?'

'Because he loves you too much. Neither of you sees the depth of his love for you. He'd rather die than break your heart.'
Danielle confessed although her piece heart chipped away when she did.
'We have to do more to help him.'

Semi's head and heart hurt when she uttered the words she knew were true, 'This is all he wants us to do. We should trust him'

Fauna shook her head.
'What? we're making a mistake here. They're going up against witches without magic.'

But Semi repeated a variation of her mantra.
'We should trust them.'
And she would pray for the cosmos to keep all of them safe. She wasn't ready to lose anyone.

Osei and the others were all in position. Now all they needed was for Nicholae to survive.

           *****************************

Nicholae slammed the door of his car carelessly announcing his arrival. He was already walking into trap, there was no need to be quiet about it.

'My Lord.' Lily mock curtsied from the front door.

'I'm here now what?' Nicholae stepped forward and was halted.

'Drop your guns and kick them away.' Edgar ordered from beside her.

Nicholae obeyed.
'I'm here so what now?'

The aroma sweet and thick aroma of the elfin oak surrounded them. It was everywhere impairing his ability to definitely lock in on the smell of his targets.

The light of the porch reflected on the bloody silver stake in Lily's hand.

'Oh, calm down.' She laughed lifting the stake for his inspection.
'They are still breathing for now. Can't you hear them?'