63. Normal

'I signed the divorce papers.' Valentina made the announcement in the living room where everyone was gathered watching a new TV series she didn't know.
With the exception of Clarissa and Jeffery who were in the tent, everyone else heard the announcement.
She held on to Nicholae's hands as she did so.

'I won't over react because I know there's a rational explanation coming.' Osei calmly stated.
Valentina smiled at him. Sometimes he showed the smart sides of him. And then there were other times when he acted like he did with Erik and Ma G.

'Better be a hell of an explanation because I recall you being like 'fasma fire' on the previous papers and now you're all yes?'

'Alright Cayden. One that's not the spell and two, I do not sound like an old lady who's lost her voice.' Valentina laughed.

Nicholae took it from there.
'The possession brought a lot of things to light. And they were very... well.. enlightening.'

Cayden gasped.
'Man, that was poetic. But what exactly did we learn?'

'Well, first of all, we know the mastermind behind the demon and other attacks. The mistress is behind everything. We know that she has so many spies everywhere, even at the Manor.'

'We are all following so far, and the divorce works here how?' Semi looked at her silently asking.
A simple nod and smile on her direction sufficed.

'We need all the allies we can get. And right now isn't a good time to be exiled from the Manor. I have too many targets on my back and so do you now. Tchkovsky animosity cannot add to the list until after we have unmasked our friend.'
Osei, Cayden and the twins simultaneously scoffed at the term 'friend.'

'I'll return to the Manor and have the papers sent.' Nicholae went on.

'And who's telling Niko about this plan?' Valentina did not forget about him when she brought up the divorce with Nicholae and Fauna. She considered a lot of things, like Sonya as an ally for one. It was the necessary of two evils, unless they proved to become one if all was as Valentina suspected.
She was far from pleased with giving Sonya what she wanted. Also she ached because just when he recognized her as his mother, she'd be losing the right to be called that.
She would have a private discussion with him.
'We'll tell him together.'
From their body language everyone understood and was on board with the divorce.

'So y'all just going to stand there and hold hands the whole time?' Cayden asked them.
'Nicholae's head over there blocked my view of the screen. You realize we've missed essential parts of the episode already.'

Danielle looked managed to look amused and exasperated at the same time.

Nicholae pointed at Cayden but said nothing at his sly grin.
Valentina settled between his legs and joined them in watching the high school show.

'The thing is I can relate to this on some level.' Cayden said after the current episode ended.

'I can't. I didn't have friends in high school.' Osei confessed.

'Of course you didn't. You have this scary hit man look about you.' Cayden pretended to be oblivious to Osei's angry scowl.

'I know you're looking at me with that killer look and you're making my point right now, man.'
Semi laughed tapping Osei's arm draped across her belly.

'High school wasn't all that for me either.' Semi told them.
'It was fun and all but when you had a cranky witch for a grandma, life wasn't like those in the Tv shows.'

'High school was fun. But nothing beats college.' Danielle softly contributed.

Cayden laughed.
'The first semester for me. Before I got kicked out.'