50. On the run

'The hold up?' Lily asked Harris.

'I got the shit beat out of my metaphysical ass. And then the fool got us exiled from the manor.'

Lily did hear about that Lord Nicholae's exile, the mistress had been pleased.
'That doesn't matter now.' She told him.
'I'm sure you met Edgar, he's the little brat's chauffeur now.'

Harris narrowed his eyes.
'And why is he now in the fray? This plan only involved the two of us.'

Lily shrugged. She refused to be intimidated by this rookie demon.
'Listen old man. The plan has changed, Edgar is here now under the mistress' orders, you can ask her if you'd like.'
Hopefully he didn't.

'Kill the life source and then get out of that body.'
Then she paused.
'Does anyone know about the possession yet?'

Harris shook his head.
'He's figuring it out but he's not entirely sure. Our friends over there didn't really do us any favors by talking.'
Harris eyed the demons who now controlled his maimed body. They could keep that thing, he planned on keeping the much younger and much vital vampire lord.

'I'm not getting rid of this body. Find a way to get rid of the vampire lord and give me this body.'
Lily exhaled at the sound of his whining.
'That's too dangerous of a move. You'll slowly decompose his body.'

'We'll find a way to undecay the body. He's much too valuable as an asset to simply discard.'
Harris argued.

'Listen, with the boy fully under my control imagine the damage I could wreak. I could destroy the alliance, pitch families against families and lead a proper war. His death won't be enough. I could even get the council involved, his death won't do that for us.'

Lily saw the sense in this but that wasn't the plan.
'I'll discuss this with Edgar.'

Harris disagreed.
'Strike while the iron his hot. The vampire is weak, he feels alone. His friends don't trust him, the love of his life absolutely loathes him and even his son is giving him the cold shoulder.'

'That was Lady Sonya's doing.'

'Bless the bitch. She's useful.' Harris laughed. 'He's in a low place right now and we couldn't be more lucky.'

'So what do you propose we do?' Lily asked the demons.

'Send me something. I need the strength. I'll kill the boy, but you need to get me out of there before shit hits the fan.'

Lily nodded.
'I'll try. If this goes wrong, you'll be on your own. The mistress won't be happy should we fail.'

'We won't.' Harris said with all the confidence in the world.

'Drink from Osei's lifeline, there should be some magic flowing in his veins that should be enough for you.'

'And if it's not?' And if it wasn't enough he'd pay the price for listening to the bitch.

'You still need to feed on blood, don't you. The boy has blood doesn't he?'
Harris did not appreciate her sarcastic tone but since he needed her, he'd let this one go.

'Edgar will help you get into wherever their keeping this Jeffery. After that you are on your own.'

'Fair.' Harris replied.

Nicholae opened his eyes but Harris was in control yet again.
And he wasn't in the woods but in the tent.

'Dad?' Jeffery mouthed when Harris indicated that he not a sound.
The noise outside the tent let Harris know the diversion was in play, now it was all up to him.