57. Exorcism

'But Lord ...'

'Look, you don't want to get on my bad side, do you understand?' Harris ferociously scratched his overgrown hair. He was feeling irate and jumpy and wasn't exactly taking too kindly to his orders being questioned by anyone, definitely not by a stupid girl.
'This exile will be lifted. And it's only a matter of time. So the right time to win my favor is now.'

'I'm your loyal subject, sir, always. But you're asking me to steal from our allies.' She tried objecting again. Was this witch deaf?

'Oh shut up. The fairies aren't our allies. They won't miss a little slab of silver.'

The little witch named Brielle had the guts to look indecisive so he switched tactics.
He went into his room, returned with a pouch full of gold coins and placed them into her hands.

'You'll be handsomely rewarded. You and your family, and I'll triple the payout if you keep it a secret.'
That had her smiling a little.
'Oh thank you, my lord.'

'Don't thank me. Just get going. I want you gone before the day breaks and keep at the back of your mind that this is a matter of national emergency.' Harris

'I won't disappoint you.'

'I know you won't. Before you sail to the island, I want you to visit a friend of mine. Give him this letter from me and he'll help you without question. Now leave and tell Lily I wish to speak to her, urgently.'
She bowed severally before leaving cuddling her newfound wealth.

'You called?'

Harris smiled at her timeliness, showed she had sense, unlike the other one.

'Yes, I did.'

'With all respect My Lord I need time to find the spell to help you.'

'That's not why I'm calling you.' Harris snapped rubbing his stomach.
'It's about your boyfriend Edgar.'

'He's not my boyfriend...'

'Then remind him of that. His disrespect can't be left unpunished and you know the mistress will agree with me.'

'So what do you want me to do?'

'Torture him, use voodoo, get me his doll. You're a witch, Figure it out. Just don't kill him, although that's would be nice.'

Lily nodded.
'I'll see to it.'

Fauna knocked and entered the little living space.
'My Lord...'
She elaborately bowed avoiding meeting his eyes.
It was safe to say she was very angry about what happened to Niko.
That was yesterday and the boy was obviously healed so she really should get over the blasted thing.

'Lady Valentina has chosen a location and a time and date for the meeting. Tomorrow afternoon in shifter territory in Jakubu hall.'
Harris looked at Lily to help.
'Jakubu hall is in Crowder town, under Cornelius's son Lucas' rule.'

'He's the one that doesn't like Osei correct? He doesn't have a truce with the bastard does he?'

Fauna responded.
'He does not.'

Harris still didn't like it.
Something didn't feel right to him.
'Okay. Lily, I'm bringing you along.' Maybe they could even bring some friends to watch their back.

'She wants to talk to you alone. Just the two of you.'

There it was.
'No. This is obviously a trap. You saw how they tried to kill me.'

Fauna slowly nodded.
'I don't think Lady Valentina would try that sir.'

'I don't know that bitch. She could be psychotic for all we know, don't forget she's been dead for all these years.'