Chapter 21

The next day Smriti had planned a whole rollercoaster ride for Naina her cadets and her faculty

The next day Smriti had planned a whole rollercoaster ride for Naina her cadets and her faculty. She knew that Colonel Bhargava and Colonel Sharma were both In KMA but to her luck they had been summoned by Colonel Nachiket Khanna to KMA commando training wing. The only Senior officer presents her other than the four Majors was Lt.Col. Nair. She knew that he would actually be a help to her cause.

 The day started with Naina calling an assembly and introducing Smriti to the cadets and faculty, " Cadets I would like to inform you that from today onwards Captain Smriti Salve will be here for an Official Inspection of the Academy, this inspection will go on for four days and I hope that all of you will cooperate fully with captain Salve , also this is not only an inspection of you cadets but also an inspection of the faculty as well me included, so what you do and how you behave also reflects on us . I would also like to tell my fellow faculty members that Captain Slave can be present in any class and drill to evaluate you, she can also conduct a drill or surprise test as she likes, so please be cooperative and help her in showing to the army KMA is the best Military Academy of India. " The assembly was dismissed and the cadets didn't seem so happy with this development.

The first drill of the day was conducted by Alekh and Captain Slave was there to observe. This drill was of the first year cadets that means that our famous five cadets were also present. Captain Salve knew that Sargun Gehlot was a cadet of this class but she had to refrain from dwelling into that aspect just yet, what she did think was to humiliate Alekh today in front of his Cadets. 

The cadets came back from there run and started there drill when Smriti came up to Alekh and said, " Captain Sharma are you currently drunk. " This grabbed the attention of the cadets, just like she wanted, she continued and said, " Last time jab mai apse milli thi to maine apse question kiya tha , about this habit of yours and I would think ki apki ye habit abhi tak nahi choti hogi . " Alekh also looked at her and with full confidence said, " No Ma'am I am not drunk. Last time aur aaj mein Paanch saal ka fark a chuka hai Captain Salve. I have changed and so have my habits. " 

Smriti still did not give up and said, " Cpt. Sharma Iss baat ki kya guaranty hai that you are fully sound to conduct this drill and not drunk even a bit, I think we should have a test don't you. " All the cadets looked ready to kill her there but Alekh held his own and said, " Why not ma'am go ahead. " 

An Alchohol breath analyzer was brought out and Alkeh was asked to Breath into it. Sargun looked on with tears in her eyes as if watching Alekh prove that he was not drunk was humiliating her and not Alekh. When the result of the test showed no alcohol in his system Smriti was stunned. 

Sargun was coming forward but Alekh looked at her and that was enough to stop her. Naina and Akrit had been watching this whole scene and both of the girls loved Alekh like a brother. They were hurt Akriti more so than Naina because Naina knew that Alekh could handle herself. Naina went forward towards the drill ground and came in front of Smriti and gave her documents. "These documents are full Medical check-up of Captain Alekh Sharma that state that he has been getting treatment for his condition and you are in no right to question if he is drunk or not. You happen to remember that Captain Sharma has a drinking problem, but you conveniently forgot that it was a genetic condition that has been passed on to him. Please do refrain from insulting my teachers in front of cadets Captain Slave, you will not like what action I take against you. "