Chapter 26

The projector showed photograph after photograph of Naina

The projector showed photograph after photograph of Naina. To say that she was confused would be an understatement. Soon a voice started from behind her. 

Huda came forward with a spotlight on him. " Yeh kahani shuru hoti hai ek rani se, ayi thi wo danav rajya mein, akele thodi dari si thodi hatti si. Par tay tha  uska irada, tha apne bhai ko uska haq dilwana. Thi anjaan woh, us charkrvayu mein milna tha usse ek dewaane se."

( The story starts with a queen, she entered the doomed kingdom, alone a little afraid and a little obstinate, But her kind was set, she had to get her brother the justice he deserved. She was not aware that she was going to meet a king there.)

Naina was surprised, a happy surprise and wondering where this story is going. Soon another voice joined in from her left. 

Yudi came forward, " Thi uski pehli raat us rajya mein jab ja takri woh ek us dewaane se. Na jane ky baat thi na woh kuch keh payi na dewaana kuch ke paya , par kuch to tha un dono mein andekha anjaana sa."

(It was her first night there when she bumped into the king. Neither could speak in the presence of the other, but there was something unknown a connection perhaps, between them.)

Naina was overjoyed with this development. She had a smile so vibrant on her face and eyes that sparkled brighter than stars.

Pooja came forward from her right, " Phir shuru hui ek kahani, wahi purani raja rani wali, pta nahi tha usko woh dewaana bhi tha ek raja, muksad tha uska bhi wahi jo tha rani ka. Manzil thi dor aur rasta kathin, par jab the dono sath the to kya koi mushkil. Rani ko raja ek dost laga, par raja to tha uska dewaana, na jane kab usse kab pyar hua, aur hua to woh hua ki khuda bhi uske ishq pe hairaan hua."

( A story started, a tale as old as time. She did not know that the person she met was also a king. That the king also had the same goal as hers. Their destination was the same, and the path was difficult. But when they were together no difficult seemed all that difficult. The Queen thought he was a friend. The king did not know when he fell in love with her along the way, a love so deep that even God was astounded.)

Naina could not believe her eyes nor her ears all her friends were present here, telling her story in such a beautiful way.

Ali came forward from the other side," Jane us manzil tak puhchne mein ky hua rani ne raja par hi ghaat kiya. Imtehaan tha woh unki dosti ka, imtehaan tha raja ke mohabbat ka aur imtehaan rani ke zindagi ka. Manzil abhi wahi thi aur raast aur bhi mushkil ho gaya tha."

( No one knew what happened but somewhere along the way, the queen turned on the king. It was a test, a test of their friendship, a test of the king's love, a test of the queen's life. The destination was still the same but the path became more difficult.)