WWE's Ugly Stepchild (Part II)

Before AJ's match, I approached her.

"Hey AJ, I don't think I got the chance to congratulate you last night for your victory over Nikki and Paige. I'm so glad you won." I compliment.

"Thanks, I think you're doing an amazing job putting it to Stephanie. God, I hate her and the way she's been picking favorites." She responds.

"That reminds me, I have a proposition you." I explain.

"What is it?" She asks.

"I have a plan to totally piss Stephanie off." I tell her.

"How do you plan on doing that?" AJ questions.

"We're going to break Dean Ambrose out of that closet." I tell her.

"How do you suppose we'll be able to pull that off, there's a whole bunch of guards watching him." She counters.

Man, for a girl who's character can sometimes be quite the airhead, she is extremely smart and clearly likes to think things through.

I pull her aside to show her Renee Young, Natalya, and Eva Marie.

"You'll see." I say with a smile.

                              *         *         *

Step one was Natalya, she went up to one of the guards and explains, "I thought I heard something in my dressing room, could you possibly check it out with me." She asks.

He agrees, and they both leave. Eva Marie walks up to one of the guards and whispers something in hi ears. I told her to go for really dirty and I assume she did when he looks rather shocked and they head to the locker room.

We waited a few minutes so they wouldn't get too suspicious. Then, Renee Young went to two of them and asked if they could help protect Seth Rollins as she plans on interviewing him and wants to make sure John Cena doesn't attack him. They leave with her and then only one more remains, the one with the key to the door. AJ skips over to him, takes the key off his neck, then skips away. She passes by me and quickly passes me the key. The guard follows her, not far behind and calling her back.

I quickly head over to the door and unlock it. Dean is in the corner, rocking back and forth. He quickly jumps up, waiting to attack anyone. Once he sees that it's me, he calms down.

"What are you doing?" He asks confused.

"No time to explain, just hurry up and follow me." I tell him. We hurry and get to a curtain. "Hide behind here real quick." He does so and I quickly go back and lock the closet door again.

The guard comes my way, cursing and I walk up to him. "I saw AJ drop this, I assumed it was yours." I lie.

He looks relieved and as a result, so do I. He takes it from me and thanks me. I leave just as all the guards come back to their post, looking confused.

I go back to where I left Dean and find that he's not there.

"Oh great, where'd he go?" I look around worried until I see him stowing away on a platform with a cinder block. I go to stop him, but then I smile, He knows what he's doing.

I hear Renee Young approach me. "Did it work?" She asks.

"Yea. I have a question too, why did you help me?" I ask.

"Cause you seem really nice, not to mention that I think Seth is such a tool." She answers.

We both laugh. I extend my arms and give her a hug. "Thank you, Renee." I say during our hug.

"No problem Clara." With that, she says farewell, and leaves. I hear AJ's music start and I assume her match is starting, I go to a television set up backstage and begin to watch, content with all the new divas I can now call friends.

She easily beats Nikki Bella and I can't help but cheer.

I watch the main event of John Cena vs. Randy Orton. Soon after, AJ and Natalya join me and we watch as the end of the night closes with Ambrose stealing the show.

I clap and laugh. I affectionately look around at my friends and softly say, "Thanks you guys, I couldn't have done it without you." They tell me that it's no problem.

Dean soon comes backstage where I run up to him and give him a giant hug.

"You did great!" I compliment him with a smile on my face.

"Hey, this was all you." He replies modestly. "I wouldn't have even be able to escape had it not been for you." He continues.

I laugh and reply that it's no big deal. "We are friends after all." I point out.

"Yea, I have your back, and I trust that you'll always have mine." He responds.

We hug again. I look at him in the eyes midway through our hug. Our faces are so close! I force myself not to kiss him even though I really want to. We separate and have no words.

After a brief moment of silence, I politely say, "I'll see you around." I turn and begin to walk away before he stops me.

"Wait, how can I repay you?" He asks.

I chuckle, "How about you come over my house on Friday and we hang out." I suggest.

"Sounds like a plan." With that, we both went our separate ways. I can't help it but a tear falls down my face, I've had a crush on him for so long and now, after only knowing him for two days, we have such an awesome friendship. Nothing can ruin this feeling of excitement, anxiety, and happiness.