home sweet home baby

Year: 2015

Rory

I walked through the double doors of the huge school, I hated everyday of it. Had I not been so passionate about business I wouldn't be here, people didn't know I loved business because well people didn't talk to me seeing as I never talked myself. I was sad that I couldn't talk, I couldn't help it.

I heard footsteps approaching me I turned around to see none other that my older brother and my younger brother. We were quintuplets and we were about as different as we could possible be.

My older brother, Asa, was popular, loud and seriously funny while my younger brother, Arya,was a total smartass but I guess he was popular as well. That just made me different from them. I was Aurora but I went by Rory.

We all got along. My other brother, Akira, and my younger sister, Alanna, were still in England, I didn't know when they were coming but I hope it would be soon because spending all summer without one of the only females in my life aka Alanna really took a toll on my mental health.

Akira was a total player, he was a lady-killer and I didn't really hate him for it, he would, however, regret his decisions naturally, as would Alanna, she was a total man-killer but she knew that what she did was weird but she 'couldn't help because it helped her get through rough times' which honestly was fair enough. Who am I to judge?

I have Asperger's. I was non-verbal since birth.  So is Akira but he managed to get through it quicker than I did. He didn't speak around strangers but was outgoing in front of family. I guess that's why girls liked him, the appeal.

However we'd all witnessed some scary things, we were nearly kidnapped when we were 6: a scary time for us all.

"Rory, do you want Akira and Alanna to come home soon as well or is it just me?" I shot Asa a look and he instantly knew why.
"Of course I want Alpha and Arka to come home as well but I feel like it's fairly obvious why Alanna and Akira where my first thoughts." I smiled. What he said was perfectly rational.

Alpha was the oldest out of all us and he was going to study at Cardiff University but took a gap year as soon as he found out we were moving to America once again. He was going to study at Fordham University and even if that was a considerable distance from where we lived in California, he had made an effort to even make the move which was what I had appreciated the most.

Arka was the second youngest out of all of us, Arka was born a year after us, making me the middle child.

"So Rory are you exited to see them again?" Arya asked to which I nodded.

As I walked down the dimly lit hall, people would stare at me laughing at me every now and then. I was the mute girl, the attention seeker, the weirdo, the potential psychopath. The words didn't hurt, I told myself.

The warning bell rang indicating that I had 5 minutes to make my way to class, I begrudgingly went to English, a class I hated with a passion. The teacher was a total stuck up bitch with her disgusting caked makeup and her killer nails (killer meaning they could actually kill you, purely from the sight.)

I opened the door and made my way to the back of the classroom making sure to put my backpack in the seat next to me, a statement that screamed: "DO NOT SIT HERE." It's not like anyone was willing to sit there anyway. I watched as the pupils filed in. I observed all of them to see what they were feeling.

I could see that Sage Williams was seriously giddy, I could see a shine in her eyes, I looked around the classroom to see Arya looking at her with a smitten look. He'd finally gained the courage to ask her out.