Hijikata Toshizo •|No Time for Love|• Pt.2

Previously, in part 1:

"No. I'm fine." Hijikata lied, averting his gaze from Chizuru to you, watching as you poured Sano a drink.

"Thanks a lot, (y/n)." He leaned over and whispered into your ear. But of course, Hijikata couldn't hear your conversation so he became more agitated when you blushed at his words of gratitude.

"(Y/n)-chan~ Come over here~" A drunk Shinpachi called out to you, his arms wide open.

"No, that's okay." You refused, averting your eyes to Hijikata who stared at you coldly. You were shocked by his change in character from the last time you had seen him. This caused you to look at the floor with a hurt expression, sometimes you do not understand this man.

After the Shinsengumi left, you went to your room. For some odd reason, today had been busier than it typically was, so you contemplated sleeping right away.

Suddenly, foot steps were heard heading in the direction of your room, and you immediately hid.

"(Y/n)-san?" Chizuru called out, opening the sliding door.

"Yes?" you asked, coming out from within the closet.

"It's Hijikata..." Chizuru said with extreme worry. "Come with me!"

"What? What has happened to the Vice Commander?" You asked, pulling your clothes back on as properly as possible, rushing behind her.

She led you down a flight of stairs to the entrance of the building.

"T-Toshizo!" You yelled once you saw his long black locks sitting at the end of the staircase.

At the sound of his name, he turned to face you, purple eyes meeting your own.

"There sh' is," Hijikata stumbled over his words. "I toldya sh' would come fur me."

"What is with this situation, Chizuru?" You asked, slightly irritated. Many of your fellow coworkers were spectators to this scene.

"Hijikata-san refused to go back to headquarters unless you went with him." She was panicking.

"Calm down," you patted her shoulder.

"Sir you're causing a scene." The head mistress of the building tried to intervene. "You're creating trouble for our young Geisha here and our customers." She gestured to you.

You bent down and whispered in his ear. "Sir, if I leave with you, my cover will be blown."

"Is fine~" He reassured you. "Yur job here is don!"

"Alright then," you told him, turning to face the head mistress. "I quit." She stared at you in disbelief. "And since there was no bondage to begin with, I'm free."

"Let's go now, Hijikata-San." Chizuru reached out to pull him up.

"I can wa'k by myself!" He slapped Chizuru's hand away.

"Yes, yes." You followed him home, watching as he stumbled left and right.

Once you reached headquarters, the other Shinsengumi captains greeted the three of you at the entrance.

"So I see you've decided to come back!" Shinpachi, who was drunk, blurted.

"You drunk men need to stay inside. Someone could have assasinated you by now." You shook your head.

"Chizuru, can you help the Vice Commander to his room while I take these drunkards to their rooms?" You asked.

"Sur-" her reply was cut short.

"No!" Hijikata, who was leaning on you for support, refused. His purple orbs fiercely gazed into your own. "You deal with me and only me."

The drunk men all gave "Ooooh"s and "Ahhh"s.

"Fine. Chizuru, do you mind helping out those men?" You asked. "Toshizo might be a bit much for you tonight. At least they can walk." You pointed in the direction of the other captains.

"That's fine." She obediently agreed.

"Come." You led Hijikata to his room as he leaned on you. He became heavier and heavier with each breath.

Opening the door, you instructed him to sit on the floor, which he did. You took the futon from his closet and laid it on the floor.

At this point, Hijikata was spread over the tatami mats and you had to roll him into his bed.

"Goodness." You have a big sigh, covering him with his blanket. "Good night, Toshizo." You clapped the dust off your hands and was about to stand up when he grabbed your wrist, pulling you into the futon with him.

The only thing you could focus on was the rapid beating of your heart.

"T-T-Toshizo!" You harshly whispered. "Let me go!"

"Can you tak' out ma hair like ya did that one night?" He slurred, referencing the last time you visited headquarters and he was sleeping.

Sighing, you obeyed, removing the bounds and brushing through it with your fingers.

"You were s' stunnin' tonight." Hijikata wrapped his arms around your torso, his face nuzzled into your chest. "I wish I came t' see you earlier. I wish you only pour'd me drinks."

"Were you jealous?~" you teased, touching his ears. "Just know that I don't lay in bed with just anyone."

"I hope not, damnit." His grip on you tightened.

"Maybe San-" You began to joke.

"Don't ev'n think 'bout it." He mumbled into your chest, the kimono fabric leaving his words barely audible.

'Oh yeah! I haven't even taken off my makeup or taken down my hair yet!' You thought, trying to slip out of his deadly grasp.

"Don't ev'n... think... 'bout it..." He trailed off, leaving you helpless.

A drunk Hijikata was honest and selfish, nothing like his usual demeanor. You were glad you got to see this side of him, though.

"Good night, Toshizo." You stroked his hair.

"G' night." He muttered quickly.

Just how much did he really drink?

~~~~~

Kyaaaaa! Toshizo is so great😭❤️