Souma Kazue •|Laundry|•

Another Souma for preabevee!

~~~~~

"Hiya!" You swung your sword down and barely missed Okita's cheek.

"Wow! You're amazing now, kid!" He sarcastically exclaimed.

The only reason that your blade got so close to his face was because he was preoccupied with a book...

Yes... He was reading a book.

"Take me seriously!" You whined. "You're supposed to be my teacher, Okita!"

"Yeah, yeah. After this page." He sat down on a nearby bench to finish what he was reading.

You sighed, sheathed your sword, and walked away from the green-eyed man.

"Okita's so mean." You pouted. "I just want to train and become better." You were lost in your thoughts until a familiar voice interrupted.

"Oy, (y/n), come here." It was Hijikata. "You're supposed to be teaching the new guy here, right?" He nudged a nervous looking Souma in your direction.

Actually, Chizuru was supposed to be looking after him. But it wasn't like you could say no. The terrified look on his face basically pleaded for you to save him from the Demon commander.

"Oh! Yeah, Souma!" The first thought that came to mind was that he could become your new sparring partner.

"Alright, I'm counting on you!" The dark-haired male turned to take his leave.

'I think that he had a meeting scheduled around this time.' You thought. 'He probably didn't want Souma to bother them with all his unnecessary commentary.' You giggled at that thought. A curious Souma in a meeting with all the captains sounds similar to a clueless monkey in a lion's den.

"What's so funny?" The brunette asked. "Do I have something on my face?" He brought up his hands and started feeling around.

"No, no." You waved your hand in dismissal. "It's nothing. Let's start with the laundry, then."

"Oh, okay?" He was confused, but followed silently.

You made your way over to the well and brought a couple buckets of water to the edge of the courtyard. Setting the water on the steps, you began to tie up your hakama to prevent it from getting wet. You put some soap into the basin after you felt the clothes were wet and started stepping.

"There's another basin over there." You pointed at the opposite side of the well. "You'll have to do this from now on. And after we're done rinsing, we'll have to hang up the clothes to dry-"

For some reason, you heard a snap as hair fell from its restraint and into your face.

"AH!" You panicked, rushing to hold your hair up.

"Hahahahah!" You heard a sinister laugh from behind you. "Just like Yukimura, you look so much like a girl too."

"W-What?!" Still holding your hair up, you turned to face the mystery person. "Saburo Miki!"

"Put your hands down, will ya? I want to clearly see how much you look like a girl." He reached to touch you but someone grabbed his wrist.

"Stop!" Souma's voice came from right beside you. He stepped in the basin and pulled you behind him, blocking your from Miki's vision. "What's up with this harassment? Aren't the Shinsengumi supposed to be supporting one another?"

"Get out of my way, boy." Miki dangerously muttered under his breath.

"What's with all the ruckus?" Shinpachi appeared from behind a corner.

You desperately stared at the muscular male for help. Just the sight of him granted you relief.

Shinpachi stared at the situation for awhile and finally understood what was going on.

"Huh? Shin? Why are you just standing her-" Heisuke and Sanosuke turned the corner and stared for a moment just as Shinpachi had done.

Your hair had fallen and now framed your face in an extremely feminine way, they blushed as you stared—dumbfounded—in their direction.

"Code red! Code red!" Heisuke whispered harshly.

"I'll go grab (Y/n), you guys deal with the other two." Sanosuke ordered.

"That's no fair, I want to save her." Shinpachi whined.

You stared at them hopelessly and felt Souma turn around to face you. He nudged your shoulder and told you to run with him.

You did as you were told and ran behind a nearby building.

"AH! My chance at being a hero!" You could hear Shinpachi crying. "(Y/n)!~"

"Geez, stop it Shin, let's just deal with Miki." Sanosuke sighed, and the four men walked off in the opposite direction.

After hearing them leave, you took a sigh of relief.

"Are you oka-" Souma began to ask you, but stopped in his tracks. His eyes widened in shock and he covered his mouth with one hand.

Your hair was still down and began to flow in the wind.

"W-W-Wh-What?" He stuttered in shock. "Y-You look so much like a girl."

"That's rude." You sighed. "I'm not." You had to keep up your act.

"B-B-But..." He blushed at your disheveled state.

"Stop it, you're embarrassing." You headed back toward the basin to finish washing the clothes. You brought a hand to your face in an attempt to cover your blush.

"Hey..." Souma followed behind you. "Do you by chance... have a younger sister?" He tried to be subtle, but you saw through this question.

"Y-You!" You were shocked. "You're telling me that you hope I have a younger sister who looks like me so you can talk to her?"

"Yeah." He nodded shyly. Souma cupped your cheeks and stared at your face once more. "You're a beauty, it's hard to believe that you're a guy."

A pebble flew and hit the center of Souma's forehead, catching him off guard.

"Don't touch (Y/n)!" It was Shinpachi.

You chuckled and ignored both men as you continued to stomp away at the laundry.

~~~~~

The end! Hahah.