Toudou Heisuke •|Wake Up|•

Here he is! The young captain is back again!~

~~~~~

"Is he gonna be okay?" Shinpachi asked as you filled a bucket with clean water.

"He'll be fine, Shin." You tried to reassure him but it sounded more like you were trying to convince yourself. "Don't freak out so much."

You carried the bucket to Sanan's study and placed it on the floor, shutting the door behind you to keep the others out.

"What do you need?" You asked Sanan, staring at Heisuke who was laying on the table.

"You know, you don't have to stay for this." Sanan sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

Heisuke was injured while trying to break up a fight between some samurai in town. He was stabbed in his abdomen and bleeding heavily. You, as Heisuke's lover, were extremely worried.

"I need to be here. Please let me stay." You pleaded with Sanan.

"I suppose that's fine." You looked up at him in shock, he usually didn't like it when people sat in on his operations. "Then, you'll need to grab some clean cloth from the corner over there and begin applying pressure on his wounds to stop the bleeding."

"Of course!" You did as told and followed every one of his directions carefully.

After several hours of intense concentration, Sanan called in a couple of the other members to carry Heisuke out on a stretcher to his room.

You quickly washed your hands and ran to his room. Grabbing the futon from his closet, you swiftly laid it out and waited for the men to arrive with Heisuke.

Once they arrived, you opened up the cover to the futon and the members rested him onto it gently.

"You should take a break." Sanosuke patted your head, taking a seat next to you as the others left. "We can take turns watching him."

"Yeah." You nodded, thinking in depth. "I'm going to take a bath and then I'll be right back to trade with you."

The auburn haired male chuckled. "I meant that you should go rest up. Sleep. Eat. You know, all the necessary stuff."

"But I want to be with Heisuke." You pouted, tears welling in your eyes. "I want to be here when he wakes up."

Sanosuke sighed, he couldn't say 'No' when a woman was in front of him crying. "I understand." Your eyes widened at his words. "How about I bargain with you?"

"Huh?" You were confused at how this was going to work.

He smiled down at you warmly. "You should go take a bath and eat. I'll lay out an extra futon here for you to sleep next to him. Shinpachi's gonna bring cold water and a cloth for you to put over his head."

"Okay." You nodded, agreeing to meet him half-way, while standing up to leave the room.

After your refreshing bath and fulfilling meal, you rushed to Heisuke's room and relieved Sanosuke of his caretaking duties. 

A couple days had passed and you were getting anxious. Heisuke still hadn't waken up, he didn't even stir in his sleep.

At this point, you missed looking into his brilliant green eyes and hearing his comforting voice. Heisuke didn't reach out to touch you or sit up to eat. He only stayed under the covers with his eyes shut. His chest had risen and fallen so many times, and the only thing you heard from him was the sound of his breathing.

You stroked his bangs and pushed them to the side and realized how long they had gotten. The way his bangs crossed over the center-line of his face made you smile. It's extremely cute.

You laid back into your futon and shut your eyes. Waiting was an exhausting chore and you weren't sure how anyone could ever do such a thing.

The next morning you woke up to the feeling of a warmth caressing your face. Something rough gently brushed over your bottom lip repeatedly. You forced your eyes open and saw a smiling Heisuke hovering over you.

"Good morning~" Heisuke whispered, his voice raspy due to not talking for a couple days.

"H-H-Heisuke..." Your eyes filled with tears. You sat up immediately and wrapped him in a hug.

"Owwwww~" He complained, but snaked his arms around you anyway. "How long was I asleep?"

"A-a couple d-days." You were full-on crying now, unable to hold back the overwhelming emotions you felt.

"Whaaat?" He scratched the back of his head, looking at you apologetically. "That's crazy~"

Heisuke kissed your forehead and stroked your hair.

"I'm sorry I've been out for so long. What have you been up to the past few days?" Heisuke smirked. "Were you the one who undressed me? You didn't do anything to my body did you?" He teased.

Your face flushed red. "A-Actually Shinpachi changed your clothes. So you'll have to ask him if he did anything."

"W-What?!" He was taken aback but quickly regained his composure. "How come~" He whined, and brought your hands to rest on his bare chest. "Why didn't you do it?"

Your eyes shut and you were a bright crimson color. "W-Why?" You were so embarrassed you couldn't look him in the eye, nor form a complete sentence.

Heisuke leaned closer to you and began whispering in your ear; tempting you.

"You know, I've been asleep for a couple of days and there are some things that have been building up inside of me-"

"Hey, (Y/n). I brought some more water." The door slid open, and Shinpachi stared at the scene before him.

Heisuke's eyes widened. He got caught leaning into you, and his hands forcibly keeping yours on his chest. You were looking at the floor, blushing a deep red.

"S-Shin, it's not what it looks like." The younger male held up his hands.

"Heisuke, you little-" Shinpachi put the water bucket down and walked into the room, staring a commotion.

"Man, first thing in the morning and you two are so noisy." Sanosuke walked past, winking at you. "You know, (y/n), if you ever get tired of Heisuke-"

"You wish she'd get with an old man like you!" Heisuke argued, possessively taking hold of you. "She's mine!"

~~~~~

There it is! Possessive, energetic, youthful~