•|Telling Them You're Pregnant|•

Hey guys! I'm ending this book here at 39 parts! I hope you enjoy this last one! I may update periodically, but this is it for me.

I want to thank all of you for reading!♥️😌

~~~~~

Hijikata Toshizo

You excitedly turned the corner and entered the commander's room. Doctor Matsumoto had just met with you and confirmed that you were, in fact, pregnant with a child.

While this was going on, Hijikata had been doing legal paperwork. You prepared tea and snacks for him so that he would oblige to taking a break.

"Toshizo~!" You lovingly called out, before sliding the door open.

He didn't spare you any attention, but this was what usually happened when he was deep in concentration.

You gently set the tray down on the table in front of him, over the papers he was looking at. "It's break time, Mr. Demon Commander."

Hijikata sighed in relief as soon as he recognized your presence. His weary expression was definitely yearning for a short rest of some sort.

"You always know what I need." He chuckled, moving a strand of hair from his face.

"Why don't we get married, then?" You suggested with a small smile.

"Sure, once all the paperwork is finished." He lightly joked while tenderly stroking the side of your face.

"I'm pregnant Toshizo." You blurted.

His eyes grew wide and he quickly set the tea cup down before embracing you. "I guess my work could be done a little faster."

Okita Souji

"Don't you ever feel like settling down, Souji?" You asked said male as he held you in his arms.

"Do you mean kids or marriage?" He asked to clarify.

"Why not both?" You suggested, nuzzling your face into his firm chest.

"Well, at the moment I want one but not the other." He teased, and you knew fully well which one he was referring to.

"Well, you can't have one without the other." You stated, sitting up. "I'm pregnant."

"Is it mine?" He asked with a curious brow.

"Why you-?!" You reached out to pinch his cheek, but he grabbed your hand and pulled you down.

"I'm just kidding." Okita kissed your forehead before placing a tender hand on your stomach. "I hope it comes out quick. I'm ready to be a father."

"Well, first you have to be a husband." You chuckled.

Saito Hajime

You had tried to hide it for as long as possible—to not worry him—but it just wasn't working out. The bump had grown considerably and you couldn't keep the secret anymore.

"Shall we bathe together today?" You asked Saito after deciding to reveal your abdomen to him.

This gained his interest. You had refused to sleep in the same futon as him, change with him in the room, and bathe with him for the past few months, so naturally he had grown curious as to what he was doing wrong. "Yes, let's." He followed you to the bath and stripped his clothes without a care in the world. "I'll head inside first."

When you entered the bath, just moments after him, his eyes widened at the sight of your bulging stomach. "Surprise~!"

"So that's what it was." His usual stoic expression was replaced with a smile of admiration. "If you'll let me, I would like to feel the bump."