FOUR: Memories That Hurt

Credit to Artist^^

Credit to Artist^^

" you look like you were actually offended by his insult "

memories that hurt

flashbacks

Steves' POV:

Every day I went by without thinking about it. But when Bruce told me Tony was taking precautions to make sure what happened last year didn't happen this time when Wanda came, thoughts kept resurfacing.

I walked through the halls of the school, past the crowds on the third day of school. It felt like I'd been here all year already, old habits came over me again.

 Last year's dilemma rarely entered the conversation, it was almost as if it didn't happen. But it did.

The emotions and thoughts that I'd locked up were opening up again, but I lost the key.

"Hey, Steve," Bucky smiled, leaning against the locker next to mine, waiting for me.

"Hello," I opened my locker and placed my bag on the hook and began to take out my English books.

"How's your day been so far?" Bucky asked.

"Alright, it's still morning, so there's plenty time for it all to go downhill," I shrugged, with a smile.

"Did you hear someone graffitied Tony's Trophy?" Bucky stood aside as I closed the door.

"No, what happened?" I frowned. 

"We all think it was either Obadiah or Zola, even Stephen was riled up about it. It was there this morning," Bucky explained as we headed down the hallway.

"What's Tony doing about it?" He would probably be ready to make assumptions and punch.

Bucky sighed. "He was mad when he saw it, but I think he's gonna try and find out who it was,"

Steve pursed his lips. If this happened last year, we would've teamed up and made a list of suspects. The others would've joined and it would've turned into a fun game. But now, Tony wouldn't include him into it.

~

Stephen's POV:

I watched as Tony was ranting to no one about the Trophy. It was just us in the hallway, the trophy case in front of us.

"I bet it was Zola, he didn't even make it into the top three," Tony continued to talk.

"It was two years ago, why are you even making a fuss," Obadiah appeared around the corner.

"Was it you, you little-" I held Tony back from charging at him.

Obadiah held up his hand as if to calm him down. "No, why would I want to ruin an already disgusting prize?"