FIFTEEN: Confessions

Credit to artist^^

Credit to artist^^

" i don't like stephen "

confessions

opening up

Clint's POV:

I paced alongside Natasha as we walked to school. As we were talking about the new video game one of my siblings bought recently, we heard a familiar voice come up behind us.

"Hey!" We turned around to face Bucky jogging up to us.

"Hey, Barnes," I smiled, making space for him on the sidewalk. We were approaching the school.

"How's it going?" Natasha greeted, opening a bagel she bought earlier for breakfast.

"Alright, I guess," Bucky shrugged, glancing at her. I turned forward.

"How is Steve? Is Peggy stealing him too much?" Natasha joked with her mouth full.

"Ha, no not too much," Bucky smiled.

"Are they dating yet?" I skipped on the edge of the path.

"Nope, Steve hasn't got the guts to ask her out, even though they probably like each other," Bucky made a face. "It does get annoying though, sometimes, when I'm third-wheeling,"

"It can be like that," Natasha sympathized, even though it was normally me who third-wheeled her relationships. "Anyway, how is Enhanced Combats? You'd think you and Steve are in Specialized instead,"

"Yeah, technically it counts as Enhanced, mostly because of our DNA enhancements," Bucky replied. "It'd be cool though to be in class with you and Clint, most of our group is in Enhanced anyway,"

"I'd love to punch you, Barnes," Natasha joked.

"I'd be honored," he grinned. They continued to playfully bicker. I glanced silently at Natasha, who was laughing and making amusing comments.

I recognized that laugh and smile. The attitude. It was like this with Ben, one of Nat's other ex's. I frowned. Nat kept to her word, she won't date anyone else, not after her past experiences.

I didn't realize that Nat had waved goodbye to him as we entered the school. "Where'd Bucky go?" I asked, subconsciously distracted.

"He went to go find Steve," Natasha smiled. And she kept smiling.

I pursed my lips. "Cool,"

"Yes, did you know he has an accent? I never realized it, maybe because I was so busy with someone else, or because he never talked that much," She began talking, "It's sort of Russian but like English too,"

I nodded, following her. She continued to talk about Bucky. I frowned. What was happening? Was she flirting back there? I didn't know, I was too distracted thinking about it to inspect the details. Her voice echoed blandly as she spoke, my thoughts becoming louder.