TEN: Together Forever, Why?

Credit to artist^^

Credit to artist^^

" we're mere acquaintances forced together! "

together forever, why?

detention

Tony and Stephen followed Mr. Leslie to Fury's office. Tony was ignoring Stephen, mad at him for getting them in trouble. They weren't allowed to talk, as Mr. Leslie was strict.

It was silence until they found themselves on the couch in Mr. Fury's office.

"So. I hear that Mr. Leslie found you both tangled in one of Mr. Strange's magic weapons, correct?"

"Yes but-" Tony began but was cut off.

"Let me finish. The one rule, that is most important, I'm sure you know it,"

"No using Enhancements or Skills to one's advantage unless instructed," Stephen recited, also ignoring Tony.

Fury sighed. "And you both broke it. Both of you. What do you think your father would have to say, Mr. Stark,"

Tony looked away. His father would get more than mad. "We're sorry, and won't do it again," he muttered.

"I know you won't. The rivalry between is getting absurd. Last time you were both in here it was because a fire had started in the Science lab without anyone's knowledge because they were too distracted by your bickering. And the time before that, two bookshelves fell down because you two were squabbling over a book,"

Tony and Stephen glanced at each other at the same time. They understood what Fury thought this was. "Okay, yeah, they were our fault, but we promise this time we won't do it again," Tony repeated.

"And as I said, I know. I have asked Mr. Selvig and he says you haven't begun the science assignments that were given to you yesterday. I have arranged for your partners to be together so now you two will be partners," Fury said, staring at both of their horrified faces.

"You two will work together until you can be friends. You will both serve detentions during lunches starting tomorrow until Tuesday. You will sit together in your Math class, partnered in Combats and you will tolerate each other. Otherwise, your parents will be notified and suspension will be preventable," 

Tony blinked. If they worked together, his father wouldn't be told. He'd have to work with Stephen, but a small price to pay compared to what his father would do if he found out he'd been in a fight. "Okay, fine," he snatched a glare at Stephen.

Fury glanced at Stephen. He nodded. "Okay, a fair punishment,"

"Good. You will start by serving today's lunchtime detention,"

"But lunch is over, it's Enhanced Combats now," Stephen mentioned.

"You will miss that today, already notified your teacher. Don't worry, if you continue your rivalry, you'll miss more than a period. Go to the library, Miss Lavender will tell you what you need to do," Fury waved his hand. "Dismissed,"