NINETEEN: A Blind Date

" taking out my potential date? "

a blind date

contain or express

            Loki grabbed his bag as he was about to leave his room but paused for a second as he glanced into the mirror. He sighed and patted down his jacket. He was wearing all black to minimize the chance of being spotted. 

'It's not a date, calm down,' he assured himself again. 'We're spying on Stephen and Tony, they're the ones on a date,'

He shook his head and rushed out of his room as quietly as he could to not wake up his household. He snuck down the stairs and skipped all the creaky ones. As he was about to open the door he heard someone in the kitchen. He froze.

            "Loki?" It was Thor. Loki mentally swore. "Where are you going? It is late,"

Loki slowly turned around. "I...need to meet some friends,"

Thor eyed him, slowly drinking from his glass. "Who exactly?"

"...Wanda," Loki hesitated.

            Thor lowered his glass. "What are you going to do?"

Loki tried to think of lie then gave up. "We're going to spy on someone,"

Thor almost choked on his drink. "-Spy? On who?" He seemed disapproved.

Loki crossed his arms and smirked. "Stephen and Tony. We set up a blind date for them and we're interested to see what happens,"

Thor frowned. "...Alright," he groaned. "But I only won't tell on you if you tell me what happens," he grinned.

            Loki was surprised at Thor cooperation. "Sure...I need to go," He spun around and opened the door. He waved goodbye to his brother and sprinted out towards the Red Room Restaurant. 

~*~

Loki was crouching behind a bush in the gardens of the restaurant with a pair of binoculars. 

"Hey," Wanda's voice whispered as she arrived, kneeling down beside him.

"You made it," Loki smiled, making space for her.

            Wanda peered through the leaves of the bush. "Sorry I'm late, I had to sneak out. What's going on?"

"Well, Stephen just arrived, a few minutes early and is finding a seat," Loki answered, passing her the binoculars.

"Ooh this is so exciting, almost like a real mission," Wanda said ecstatically. 

Loki grinned and gave her some cookies from a box. "Here, we'll get hungry and chips are too loud,"

~*~

Stephen sat down, still feeling uncomfortable and anxious. He liked knowing what was going to happen, who he was doing things with. He decided this blind date thing wasn't for him.

"Have you chosen what you want to order?" The waitress asked, approaching him with her notepad open.

"Um, no thanks, just some water thanks," Stephen replied, his eyes darting around trying to see if he could spot whoever he was supposed to meet.

            He leaned on his hands on the table and waited as patiently as he could for this mystery date. His brain began trying to guess who she was again.