TWENTY-TWO: Avengers Assemble

Natasha, Clint, Sam, and Thor jogged silently down the hallway towards the stairwell. They figured it was better than taking the elevator.

            "Shush," Natasha hushed as they waited behind the door in the stairwell to the fourth floor. She put her eye to the door. "I hear footsteps. They must be monitoring since they found out that Stephen took out their friends,"

"Look," Thor whispered. They all peeked through the little window in the door. A small group of students, perhaps in their second year, appeared around the corner heading to the elevator, which was right next to the stairwell door.

Almost immediately, Sam noticed from the side another group of shooters heading the same way from another corridor. In seconds they would spot each other. Sam pointed it out. "Guys," 

            As the shooters were about to turn the corner, Clint burst the door open, startling them and the group of students. Thor and Sam threw themselves onto the three shooters that were there.

"We don't have time for this!" Natasha exclaimed, gesturing at the students to go to the stairwell around the fight. 

"You and Clint go, we'll handle these guys," Sam insisted.

Natasha nodded and ran off, Clint following.

            "Where'd you lose them?" Natasha puffed, pausing at an intersection in the hallways.

"Around here, right at the south elevator," Clint looked around. He faltered. "Here,"

Natasha walked to him and her eyes widened at the sight. The floor had puddles of blood and gunshot holes in the wall behind it. "Come on," Natasha hesitantly began to follow the trail of blood that was made.

Clint swallowed, glancing at Natasha. She had a worried face, one Clint had rarely ever seen. He took a look behind him, where a group of shooters lay unconscious. He quickly sprinted to them and took off a shotgun from one of them and then took off after her. 

            "In the History room," Natasha pointed, looking back at him. She noticed the gun in his hands. "Where'd you get that?"

"From one of the shooters, we'll need something to defend ourselves with if we're going to help them," Clint answered, walking up to her.

Natasha nodded and entered the classroom. "Tony? Stephe- holy-" She rushed to them at the back of the class. "Are you-?" she knelt beside them. She glanced horrified at Tony's still body.

            "He's still alive," Stephen said in between a gasp and a cough. "Barely,"

Natasha stared at him. "You-you're so pale," he didn't answer, instead began mouth-to-mouth again. "You're going to exhaust yourself," She looked back at Clint. He had the gun gripped in his hands, waiting at the door watching guard.

            "How can I help?" Natasha exclaimed, once Stephen began the compressions again. 

Stephen looked around with heavy breaths. "Um, get the first aid kit, it should be in the corridor," 

Natasha nodded and got up, rushing past Clint. she grabbed the first aid kit on the wall just outside and hurried back inside. "Now what?"

"Tie it just above his wound on his leg, then um, put pressure on his rib and middle ones, they're the worst," Stephen explained, as Natasha opened the kit and took out some bandages. 

Once she messily did the wrapping, she lifted her bloody hands to put pressure on the two wounds. "What about the other one," she noticed the wound on the shoulder.