TWENTY-ONE: You're More Annoying Than The Bullet In My Chest

**2020 note/trigger warning**

i'd just like to put this here quickly, I was a dumb child back then and didn't put a trigger warning when I should've...but I'll put it here. basically, as prompted in the previous chapter, the next two chapters depict a school shooting. I have been lucky/privileged to not have experienced a school shooting but as result, to write this, I had to imagine what it'd be like. with the added fact this school shooting isn't quite conventional as it is a villain-attack and the student's are superheroes. keeping that in mind, proceed prepared and i apologize for any bad inaccuracies.  

--

not how i imagined our first kiss "

you're more annoying than the bullet in my chest

your blood and heartbeat; in my hands

            Loki wiped her hands on her skirt as she turned off the tap to the sink. She glanced up at the mirror before quickly looking at the door as it swung open.

Natasha entered, smiling at Loki as she did. "How are you doing?" She didn't enter a stall, instead just looked into the mirror and inspected her face.

Loki frowned. "I'm doing fine, but I can't say for whoever you beat up," she frowned into the mirror, also inspecting Natasha's face. She had a bruise forming on her cheek and a cut on her eyebrow that had dried blood on it. 

            Natasha sighed with a hint of amusement. "I caught some Hydra bullies on a group of Year 7's," she dabbed her eyebrow with a wet tissue. "They put up a fight,"

Loki smirked. "It's been a while since Hydra's been a pest, you think Fury did something about the USB?"

"Maybe, I guess we'll never know," Natasha shrugged. She paused as the alarm began to blare. Her muscles tensed and turned to Loki. "Was there a drill today?" Loki shook her head.

            "THIS IS NOT A DRILL," The voice began, "THERE ARE MULTIPLE ACTIVE SHOOTERS ENTERING THE SCHOOL BUILDINGS. DO NOT ENGAGE. EVERYONE FIND A TEACHER OR EVACUATE IN GROUPS TO THE GYMS IN A CALM MANNER. DO NOT ENGAGE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL," 

            Loki took a deep breath. "We should go," She walked to the door but paused before opening it.

"What is it?" Natasha asked, chucking the tissue into the bin. She walked over but Loki put her finger to her lips. Natasha quietened and put her ear near the door.

She heard footsteps and some faint buzzes of a radio. More importantly, she heard the clicks made from someone loading a gun. She held her breath. "I count at least three out there, all armed probably,"

            Loki swallowed. "Okay,"

They both went silent as they heard someone speak through the radio. "There some kids on the fourth floor, I think we shot one but the rest got away," Natasha and Loki shared a worried glance. 

A clearer voice responded. "What is your situation?"

"The team down there went silent after the kid was shot, we suspect an Enhanced took them out," the radio voice buzzed.

"Okay, head down there. If the kid's shot, he can't have gone far. We need to find that Power Ring before the police manages to get inside," The man was close to the bathroom door. "We'll stay here, in case any kids that run through here,"

The radio talked again. "I thought the boss said to not hurt the kids,"

"He said to have as fewer casualties as possible, but I guess sometimes it can't be helped,"