FOURTEEN: Losing

Credit to Artist^^

Credit to Artist^^

I'm sad

---

" just friends "

losing

old habits

Tony slumped down the stairs to breakfast on the sunny Saturday morning. He had put on a shirt and some loose jeans in the tiring early hours of the day. He had to go with his father to an event in a half an hour, so he didn't bother with his clothing because he would have to get changed into a suit later.

Once he got downstairs, his father was on the main dining table and his mother was putting away some of the dishes. When he appeared at the opening, his father looked up from his newspaper.

"Anthony, you finally made it to breakfast. We're leaving soon," he said.

"I know, I have half an hour to get ready," Tony answered, sitting down.

"We were up 2 hours ago," 

Tony ate the beans on toast his mother served him, as she sat down with them. "Well, I had a late night. Plus, I don't take long to get ready,"

Howard took a deep breath. "You didn't need to go to that game, you were the one who insisted on going. I gave you a curfew and you were late,"

"Only by ten minutes. The bus was late,"

"Your mother said to let it go, and I am, so I don't want to hear your excuses," Howard flicked his newspaper back up.

Tony pursed his lips and glanced down to eat his food in silence. The sound of cutlery was the only sound in the Stark household. He soon finished his food and began to stand up.

"One second Anthony, have you finished your Science project?" Howard quickly asked.

"It's due on Tuesday-"

"Have you finished it?" Howard interrupted.

"Well, I finished my part, I have to ask Stephen if he wants any help," Tony began, gripping the edge of his plate.

"That Stephen is a poor excuse of an intellect. He's bringing you down," Howard said firmly.

Tony swallowed his anger and gritted his teeth. "Stephen is not a poor excuse, he is wonderfully intelligent,"

"Whatever you say. I let you chose and go to any school you wanted to, even though you could be graduating University right now. You chose Shield and you must not be taken down by the students there that care more about their physic rather than brains," He glared at him with hatred in his cruel dull eyes.