1

Ragged, shallow and uneven breaths

Ragged, shallow and uneven breaths. Frowned, hot and flushed face. Tangled, messy and dusty hair. Sore, burning and tired muscles. Red, plump and tear-stained cheeks. Dry, pale and trembling lips. Scratched, bloody and shaking hands. Beating, broken and aching heart. Confused, busy and disturbed mind. Wrinkled, dirty and old clothes. Weak, heavy and fragile body. Dark, disruptive and stained conscience are what I carry as I do one thing I was told.

Run.

Ever since that night, I was running. Until now, I still haven't reached the end of this quiet gloomy forest and its almost night. I have been running for approximately two days, six hours, nineteen minutes and fifty-three seconds yet no signs of other living things nor sounds of vehicles. The only sound I can hear is the aggressive beating of my heart as I keep running.

Run until you die.

Was what I reminded myself for the past days I have been in this forest but I can feel I'm almost there. This is what keeps me aware of my senses for all the time my body moves anywhere but backwards. The image of the terrible mess I left at home is keeping me awake and terrified at the same time. If somebody saw me running like crazy, they wouldn't care because nobody does. As I'm about to pass out, I felt a smoother surface beneath my feet while my vision gets cloudy and both eye lids start to get heavier every millisecond that passes. Then realization hit me like a truck. Literally and figuratively.

I'm gonna die.

Imagine living in Daejeon and then the moment you blink, you're in Seoul. As I open my eyes, darkness came as if I'm still locked in consciousness but am not. The hideous odor did not hesitate to swarm my nose as soon as I breathed and the slimy texture of moldy food was what I'm feeling besides dizziness. Its night time when I took a peek from the trash. People were starting to separate in their own ways so I thought its time to get the hell out and move like nothing happened. The night market wasn't crowded as I expected it to be and convinced myself to go out and execute my "plan".

It took me less than a fucking minute to get out of this smelly ass trash can that I was in because of the thought of spoiling together with God knows what. I did not make a noise but sure got attention from many because who would expect a living person to casually appear from a trash can, right?
People were giving me judging stares as I shake some rubbish off of me. I know I smell like crap and I have no choice but to get out or I'll end up smelling nastier than ever.

After people realized that I wasn't worth to look at, which is true, they continued to do whatever except for a strange man who kept staring. But his isn't judging at all, its warning me to stay where I am and don't move. For a second, his eyes met mine and I ran. I turned left and right, here and there until I reach a place that seems like a park. "Finally! A place to really rest." and I sat on a bench far away from people and thoughts made me busy for sometime.

I'm in a place where surely nobody knows me but why am I still being chased? Well I do look crazy but stil, wtf?

If I only knew this shit would get out of hand, I should 've just drowned myself in a lake I passed by yesterday.

But what on earth did I do to make a man I haven't met in my life chase me, especially me who looks unsuspecting? Or no.

When will this ever sto-

My thoughts were disturbed when I heard screeching tires not far away from me. Men came out and started running in my direction so I ran too. "Holy shit!" The chase was cut when I crashed on a bloody trash can which obviously halted my run.

Seriously? The fuck is my problem with trash cans? I may seem like trash but I swear I don't need a container!

They came to me like magnets and started holding me down. Being the bitch that I am, I wriggled my limbs aggressively until I annoy them. "Stop resisting, young lady!" Said the man who held my head. "We would have to use methods that you may or may not like if you continue being feisty." Still, I wriggled too aggressive that some parts of my hoodie ripped but to no avail, they managed to cover my nose and mouth with a cloth that made me drift into sleep.

I feel like I'm in a goddamn fairytale with no heroes to rescue my damsel ass.

Can this get any worse?

Of course, that's how life is

Will somebody come to help me even if I seem to not need it?

Of course not.

Was I born to feel pain and endure it till' death?

Yes.

"Hello little kid, welcome to SM entertainment."

Or maybe not.