19

I have never felt so safe in another human's embrace. The moon went to rest as I stayed awake, admiring the man before me. Taeyong became my fortress last night when he took care of my well-being and made sure that I was sedated the whole time. He looked so peaceful but I knew he was deeply troubled by the way a lone tear escaped his eye. Cherishing the brief moment of serenity, I held onto him as if time was about to take me away from him.

Its so soon.

Too soon to lose you.

Finally, his eyes slowly opened and mind awoken. He seemed lazy to get up but I reminded him of the responsibility he holds, his members. " You do know that they are grown men and can cook for themselves, right? "

" I know that, Tae, I just worry about them. "

" Don't. We can spend the morning cuddling, besides, they won't mind. "

" If you won't cook for them, then I will. Its my job to take care of everyone. "

" Fine. " he sighed in defeat, stomping his way downstairs and toward 127's. I know I sound so hypocritical about the responsibility of others when I couldn't even look after myself. Taeyong invited me for breakfast through text and I got ready, finishing bath in little time. Smiles got their way on their faces and I reflected the act to not spoil the vibe, though there was still a tinge of blues in my expression.

Haechan cracked jokes here and there, Doyoung argued with almost everybody just like the usual. Trying hard to keep my mind elsewhere but it always end up with harsh truth that in a few days, I can no longer witness this sight. There is a possibility that I would die trying to kill my enemy and it hurt to imagine losing them, losing Taeyong. I could also be alive for all I know, but its better to brace myself from the worst case than pretend that things can end happily.

None of the boys know who was trying to endanger them but at least I do. I'm not fighting blindly anymore and I need to take advantage of that. Afternoon came and they gathered in the living room, playing amongst themselves as I watch from the couch. Taeyong and I were inseparable, warmth emitting from his chest to where my back laid, fingers intertwined. My ears perking from the sound of his giggles and lips smiling but my heart clenched. I knew they were happy but I want to keep them safe and blissful, I wasn't contented without reassurance.

Contentment is a sin.

" Koruji, do you want to answer the question? " Jaehyun asked again when I didn't respond the first time. They were playing twenty questions and it was Mark's turn when he decided to throw a question at me. " Of course, what is it? "

" Do you see yourself thriving with us in the future? " my heart clenched again. I wanted to be honest but I wouldn't want to ruin the mood so I faked a smile and answered " Yes. Is that even a question? "

Lie.

It was my turn and I wanted to make them promise something but I have to be creative. " Will you keep each other safe in case I have to leave? " their expressions morphed in gloom. " I meant if I have to literally leave the dorms because of an emergency in the future. "

" What? " Johnny

" Oh, I forgot to tell you. Mr. Sooman personally told me that there's another meeting in two days and attendance is a must. "

" Do we get to come along with you? " Jungwoo

" I'm afraid not, Woo. He said he will send professional bodyguards as substitute to ensure your safety. "