14

The next morning wasn't as chaotic as I expected it to be when I introduced a stranger to NCT. Minhyuk was sure having a nice time of sleeping on my bed while I prepare breakfast for the two of us. " I smelled cooking and I quickly came down because the sound from my stomach disrupted my dreaming. "

" Really? Not even a good morning to me? "

" Oh right! Good mor- "

" Forget it. Take out the placemats and utensils from these drawers. I'm not even surprised to hear nonsense from your mouth first thing in the morning. " he flicked my forehead before getting the table ready.

I told him to take a bath after cleaning the house and left to have a talk with Taeyong about the meeting yesterday. There was peace around the dorms while we conversed but it lingered no more when Minhyuk decided to show up. The boys were wary of the newcomer as he walked towards the sofa, sat beside me, and placed his arms on my shoulder. He was merely teasing them but nerves were all over the place the second he looked Taeyong in the eye.

" Who is he and what the hell is he doing here? " Doyoung

" Chill, mate. Shin is my fellow racer and we happened to meet last night. " Minhyuk

" Hey! I remember you, you're the guy who stalked us in the convenience store! " Haechan

" Didn't I tell you to stay inside and wait for me and until then, I won't talk to you, Minhyuk. "

" Look here, babe, I just came here to tell you that I'm done with the house and after going through your things, there's something that you should know but you seem busy. I'll be leaving now, folks. " Minhyuk

He walked out and I had to hold out the boys to stop them from tearing him to pieces, let's saythey aren't fond of arrogant people. There were questions everywhere and I barely understood a word with all the shouting so I shrugged it all off and got back to the conversation I left. My suspicion about Taeyong was right, we did meet each other back in Daejeon and he knows why exactly I am in Seoul. He was my acquaintance a few years back but he was a friend of one of the racers I was up against. Minhyuk started racing just two years ago that's why he isn't familiar with him.

" Why did you even bother hiding when you can fight head to head? I think no place is safe enough for you, do you know who's behind the murder of your parents, Koruji? "

" Minhyuk has a few words for me and he said its related with this. But how is it connected to your case? "

" I still have nothing on that, I hope we get something within the week. By the way, which is your real boyfriend? Sanjung or Minhyuk? " the way he asked was just as ridiculous as the thought of dating one of the two.

" No one. They're just natural flirts so don't mind them. Minhyuk won't stay for long, he leaves in two days. "

" Strange but I'm relieved to hear that. " I wanted to tell Taeyong that its also strange why there were butterflies when he said that.

Was he jealous of Minhyuk?

It was Minhyuk's turn to talk to me and he wasted no moments of bombarding me of information. He dragged me upstairs in my room and the box from Sol was on the floor. Bloodshed was on full display and he pointed out how the lower part had so much space then he turned it upside down. It budged and the velvet part fell off, a secret compartment was revealed. There were two old photographs of my mother in the run down mansion at Incheon, one in a bedroom and the other in a living room with a lit fireplace. We looked at each other before sprinting downstairs, not forgetting my guns before leaving.