II

After killing the man I thought I would be with forever, it took me a minute to get myself together

After killing the man I thought I would be with forever, it took me a minute to get myself together. Eventually I managed to stumble out the door to get to my car. When I did, I found something even worse than what I had left behind. The shots must have drawn them out, because there were almost a dozen of those things heading towards me, heading towards us, I guess I should say since Bailey was in the car, absolutely freaking out. 

I sprinted, running for the car and leaping in, I fumbled with the keys for a moment before I was able to start the thing, and then I was reversing down the driveway and speeding off, back in the direction I came from, heading for the pier where my boat was waiting for me. 

It was a sailboat, a rather large one, that was normally manned by myself, Ashton, and our friend Emily, but I could handle it by myself if I had too and it would be better to take it then someone else's boat that needed gas. Once we arrived at the docks I drove right down the pier instead of parking in the lot. The pier was held up by cement so it could handle the weight of the car, and I didn't want to waste the time to run back and forth. I parked at the end, where my boat was docked in the deeper water, and shut off the car. I left Bailey in the car and pulled out my gun, hopping onto the boat, deciding it would be smart to do a quick check and see if anything had made it's way on. 

Thankfully nothing had, so I grabbed Bailey and put her in the cabin below deck where the bed was, and began hauling everything on board. It took several trips, and I almost dumped all the dog food on the deck when I tripped, but everything worked out and I ended up leaving my car keys on the seat incase anyone ended up needing a car, they could use it. And twenty minutes later, we were underway and I was pulling away from the port heading South, where hopefully my brother was evacuated to, my sister-in-law and nephew were waiting, and I could build a life for myself and my baby, who would now never have a father. 

Once I had set all the lines, and charted the course using the maps that were in the cabin, I sat down on the deck and pulled out the first meal I had made using the perishable items, a scrambled egg and sausage biscuit and grabbed one of the water bottles that we had a large stock of below deck. It didn't take long for me to eat it and afterwards I scooped out some food for Bailey. When she was done we both sat on the deck looking up at the sky, and tried to figure out how everything went wrong. Well, at least I was. German Shepherds are smart, but I don't know if they are smart enough to contemplate the meaning of life or whatever. 

><><><

I was right. It took three days. Three sleepless nights, staring out at the water, begging for good weather to whatever god or entity was listening, and praying those dead things couldn't swim. And that whatever it was couldn't infect fish or sharks or anything, because an undead shark would just be the last straw. 

When I docked at St. Simons, I was shocked at the silence. Normally, this town was alive with visitors, and while not a tourist trap it still attracted a fair few year round. But it was silent as a grave. I took Bailey with me, and left most of my supplies, except for the cooler full of perishables which I had added a few bottles of water to, and the bag of ammo, the rest I would return to get after finding either Lori, or a car.

 The house that we rented when we would visit was a short twenty minute walk from the pier, and there was no one there when I arrived. But it had only been three days, and Lori told me to wait for four, so I cleared the house and then locked the doors before taking Bailey with me to look for a car that would work well enough to get the stuff from the boat and, if needed, take me to Atlanta to find my family. 

**Edited Feb. 1, 2020**

Hello loves! I promise that the good stuff will start soon but we have to build into it! 

What is your favorite fandom?

Personally... I'm a Potterhead. I know it doesn't really seem like it since I literally have no books about it, but I promise I am. I just have never come up with something that I think would be worthy I guess? I don't know, I just think that the original books were so well written, that to write your own version you would need to be very, very good and have a fantastic plan. And I am not the best with planning my books before I write them. I make sure everything makes sense, but yeah, when I started this book I knew where it was going to end, but not so much anything in the middle.