LXIV

"Stay put!" Rick yelled, pointing at Hershel, who I had dropped when the shock of his revelation came out, and Beth, who was still crying next to him

"Stay put!" Rick yelled, pointing at Hershel, who I had dropped when the shock of his revelation came out, and Beth, who was still crying next to him. Rick was running away from us, with Glenn in tow, but I didn't know if I wanted to follow him, or run after Riley. I didn't even know where she was.

"Those chains didn't break on their own. Someone took an axe or cutters to them." I foggily heard Glenn say. 

"You think they did it?" Glenn asked again, and when I glanced over, he was looking past me. I turned my head and the prisoners were standing there. 

"Who else?" Before Rick could do anything, a loud, blaring alarm started going off, riling up the walkers, and making them bang on the fences. 

"What's that?" Glenn asked frantically, but I was watching the fences around the prison, that were starting to shake with the weight the new walkers were putting on them. 

"Oh! You gotta be kidding me!" I yelled furiously, but before I could move, Rick yelled for me. 

"Daryl!" I turned to look at him, and he wasn't looking at me, instead, he was shooting up at any speakers he could see. I took my gun from my pants, and copied him, but the alarm continued to blare around us. 

"Kill it!" Hershel yelled. Yeah, we're trying old man.

"Back up!" Rick yelled at them, and then did, and then a shot went off, and the alarm stopped. And then, he and I were rushing the prisoners, guns out, and aimed a their heads. 

"How the hell can this be happening?" Rick yelled, but I just wanted vengeance, for whatever was happening to my wife right now.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, it has to be the backup generators!" Oscar yelled, throwing his hands into the air. 

"Well how do you turn those on?" 

"There's three that's connected to a diesel tank, okay? Each one controls a certain part of the prison. The hatch shut them all off when the prison was overrun!" 

"Can someone open up the main gates electronically, with full power?" 

"Well, I only went in there a few days, I... I guess it might be possible." Oscar said nervously, glancing at Axel who nodded. Rick glanced at me, and then turned to look at them. 

"Come with us!" I turned to go with them, but then I froze. Riley. I have to find Riley. Glenn led the prisoners into the prison, but it was Rick who noticed I wasn't behind them, turning to look at me confused. 

"What are you doing?" He asked anxiously, moving back towards me. 

"I need to find Riley... I can't... She's having... I just. I need to find Riley, Rick." I stuttered out, and I could feel myself shaking, letting what could be happening to her right now get to me, but not for long, because Rick grabbed my shoulders and shook me.