LV

A/N: I hope y'all enjoy this chapter, I've been waiting to post it forever!

"Daryl... marry me." She whispered, and my hands went slack on her face. My face felt numb, and I felt like I was simultaneously floating, and falling at the same time. I couldn't feel my legs, and I don't even want to know what my face was doing, but she was staring at me like I was insane, as the hope slowly left her eyes. 

Before I could say anything, the door slammed open, and I shoved her behind me to face the intruder, but it was just Rick, who was looking at me a little confused but mostly amused. 

"You ready? We've been waiting for like ten minutes. We gotta get moving on this." I nodded before I even realized what I was doing, and Rick nodded and turned to go, leaving the door hanging open, and I finally turned around to look at Riley, who was staring at me with tears in her eyes.

"I gotta go Ri. We'll talk when I get back okay?" I said softly, before turning and practically running out of the room before she could say anything. I was down the stairs, with my crossbow around me, and leading the group into the catacombs to find the food before I finally caught back up with my body. 

What the fuck was I doing? Why didn't I say yes! This is what I've wanted for months now! I'm a fucking idiot. I probably ruined everything with one fell swoop, and she's probably so upset. Probably crying her eyes out, or pissed as all hell, and it's all my fucking fault. 

"Hey Darylina. What's up? What's got you all down in the dumps? We'll be back to your little girlfriend before you know it." Merle said, with a wide smirk across his face as he came up to my side. I rolled my eyes, but I didn't look at him, waiting while Glenn sprayed the arrow on the wall, before continuing to lead everyone to the next turn. 

"It's nothin'. I'm fine." I grumbled out, hesitating again at the next turn, checking for walkers, and letting Glenn mark it up, before going on again.

"Ha. Whatever you say baby brother. But I'm thinking you screwed up somehow. You look as guilty as a molester in church. So you wanna tell ole Merle? Lemme fix it? Or you just gonna stew on it some more?" Merle asked quietly, since Rick kept sending us nasty glares every time Merle opened his mouth. We were supposed to be being quiet, but that never works with Merle anyhow. 

"I just... I screwed something up." I whispered, glancing behind us to make sure nobody was listening, but they were all doing their jobs, unlike us. 

"Obviously. What'cha do?" 

"She asked me to marry her. I didn't say nothin'. Just ran away. Came on this stupid thing. Y'all don't even need me. Got plenty of people here that could've done just fine without me."  I glanced over at Merle when I finished, but he just looked shocked, and speechless, for the first time in his life. 

"Dang Daryl... what the fuck's matter with you?" Merle growled, slapping me hard on the back of the head, and I winced, shooting him a nasty look as I grabbed the bag of my head,d but I didn't retaliate like I normally would. I deserved it. 

"Why didn't you say yes? Fuckin' God knows you wanna be with that woman. She's the marryin' kind and you knew that goin' in. So why the fuck you say no?" He continued on, leading us around the next bend, and taking out the lone walker who was standing there. 

"I don't know. I panicked I guess. I want to say yes. Fuck, I wanted to be the one to ask her. Was planning on scoping out the walkers on the fence to find a ring. But she asked first, and I froze." 

"Well, when we get done here, march your ass down to the fence, get you a fucking ring, and apologize, and then ask her to marry ya. You deserve a kick in the balls, but hopefully she won't do that. Imma want some more nieces and nephews after this first one." Merle said with a grin, looking back at me, but then his face froze in pain, and he let out a horrifying scream. I looked down, and there was a walker attached to his right arm, around his wrist. 

I reacted before I could think, letting a bolt loose into the walkers brain, making it drop, and ripping it's hand from around Merle's arm. 

"Rick!" I yelled, grabbing Merle as he started to fall. Rick rushed to my side, but before he could say anything, groans started from down the hallway, headed towards us. 

"Grab him! Let's go!" Rick yelled, and Glenn and I wrapped an arm each around our shoulders, and started to drag Merle back the way we came, following Maggie, Hershel, and T-Dog, with Rick behind us, watching our backs as we made our escape. We took a few turns, before looking around and realizing we didn't have any more arrows to follow. We must have made a wrong turn somewhere, and we were fucking lost.

"Fuck it hurts!" Merle growled out, his blood seeping into my shirt, and I turned to look at Glenn. 

"Which way!" Glenn looked at me, looking almost as terrified as I felt. 

"I don't know... uh.. uh... Right! Maggie go right!" He said, and we started running again, following Maggie, who glanced back at us every few seconds, and at the groans that weren't getting louder, but they definitely weren't getting further away. 

"Come on! Through these doors!" T-Dog yelled, yanking open some double doors, and running through them, and as we all entered, I couldn't help but be a little pissed, since they were the doors to the cafeteria, that we had been looking for in the opposite direction. 

"What do we do?" I asked frantically, laying Merle down on the ground with Glenn's help. Hershel made his way over, looking every bit as calm and collected as he did when he was taking my blood for Carl, and I was impressed, but it didn't calm me down one bit. 

"We have to cut the arm off. Stop the infection before it spreads. Rick. Your axe." Hershel said calmly, pointing to the axe that Rick held loosely in one hand. Rick moved over without questioning, holding the axe out to Hershel, but he just shook his head, moving his hands to take his belt off, as we wrapped it around Merle's arm, above the elbow. 

"Rick, when I tell you, swing down hard. Aim for below his elbow, that should be enough, and do it at an angle, so I have something to use for a flap. Daryl, T-Dog, Glenn. Help me hold him down." Hershel said calmly, and we all moved to do as he said. I had the bitten arm, since he was flailing that one around, while his eyes rolled to the back of his head, Hershel had his other arm, and Glenn and T-Dog each had a leg. Maggie moved over without having to be asked, and put his head into her lap, holding it still so he wouldn't hurt himself more. 

"On three. One, two, three." Hershel said, and Rick swung the axe down, hard. It took only one chop, and Merle's lower arm was gone, blood gushing from the wound. I could only stare at it, watching as the dead arm leaked blood faster than the arm still attached to him, but I suppose that has to do with the belt. 

"Who the fuck are you people?" I whipped around, aiming at the four men who stood behind us, standing where the kitchen should be. They were prisoners, wearing their prison uniforms, and they looked scared, but one had a gun, aimed right at Rick.