LVI

"Who the hell are you?" I grunted out, aiming my crossbow at the man with the gun, who moved it from Rick to point at me

"Who the hell are you?" He asked, but Rick cut him off, grabbing my shoulder to pull me back. 

"He's bleeding out, we gotta go back! Come around here. Put pressure on his arm! Hard! Hard! Push!" Rick said, looking over at Maggie who nodded and pushed down on the arm, using a rag, that looked suspiciously like one of Merle's rags to try and stop the bleeding. 

"Come on out here. Slow and steady." I said calmly, and the five men slowly stepped out with their hands up. 

"What happened to him?" The one with the gun asked. 

"He got bit." I growled out, not backing down. 

"Bit?" The man said, moving his gun to point it at Merle, but T-Dog stepped up next to me, his gun raised as well. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, easy now. Nobody needs to get hurt." I said, clenching my teeth, and trying not to just shoot him and get it over with. 

"I need you to hold this. As hard as you can." Rick was saying to Maggie behind me, and then Glenn was rushing past the prisoners, into the kitchen where they had been standing before. 

"You got medical supplies?" Glenn asked. 

"Wow, where do you think you're going?" The big one said to Glenn, but we all ignored him, as the walkers were still banging on the door, and we really needed to leave. 

"Who the hell are you people anyway?" The gun one said angrily. 

"Don't look like no rescue team!" One of the others said. 

"If a rescue team's what you're waiting for, don't!" Rick said from behind me, as Glenn ran back in with a silver table, and I could hear them start to lift Merle behind me, getting him up on the table so we could get the hell outta here. 

"Come on, we gotta go! Now! Come on, I need a hand here! One, two, three, go!" Rick said, and I heard the table move closer to the door, but I didn't turn to look, keeping my eyes on the five men in front of me. 

"Holy Jesus!" One of the prisoners said. 

"T, the door!" Rick yelled. 

"Are you crazy? Don't open that!" The last prisoner said, the one that hadn't talked at all. 

"We got this." T said, and then the doors were yanked open, and a heard a walker's growl, but it was cut short as it was killed, and then the table was moving again, heading out the door. 

"Daryl! Daryl!" Rick yelled, his voice moving away. 

"Let's go!" T-Dog yelled, and I finally turned after them, sprinting after my family, and I didn't look back at the other group. I knew they were probably following us, but I had to hope that they would get lost in the tombs, and the walkers would take care of them before we had to.