LVII

A/N: Me after this chapter was over ^^^^ 😅

We lead the prisoners out to the courtyard, that still hadn't been cleaned up from when we broke in, so the bodies were still strewn all across the ground

We lead the prisoners out to the courtyard, that still hadn't been cleaned up from when we broke in, so the bodies were still strewn all across the ground. Riley came with us, even though I had asked her to stay, she wasn't having it, so she was situated, nicely behind me, still holding onto my shirt, as we watched their reactions to being outside. 

"Damn, the sun feels good." The slightly smaller big one said. 

"Good Lord, they're all dead." Squirrel said anxiously, looking around at the bodies. 

"Never thought I'd be so happy to see these fences." Gun man said. 

"You never said. How the hell did you get in here in the first place?" Small man said, and I pointed over at the fence where we broke in. 

"Cut a hole in that fence over there by the guard tower." 

"That easy, huh?" 

"Where there's a will, there's a way." 

"Easy for you to say." Small man said, but I didn't bother responding, instead focusing on Riley's hand that had moved from my shirt, and up underneath it to touch the skin at the small of my back. 

"So what is this, like a disease?" The big one said, poking at one of the bodies with a stick. 

"Yeah, but we're all infected." Rick said. 

"What do you mean, infected? Like AIDS or something?" Squirrel boy said anxiously. 

"If I was to kill you, shoot an arrow in your chest, you come back as one of these things. It's gonna happen to all of us." I said calmly, 

"Ain't no way this Robin hood cast's responsible for killing all these freaks." Gun man said dismissively, and I wanted to shoot him, but Riley's hand on my back kept me in place. 

"Must be fifty bodies out here." Small man said. 

"Where do you come from?" Gun man said, looking at Rick. 

"Atlanta."

"Where you headed?"

"For now, nowhere."

"I guess you could take that area down there near the water. Should be comfortable."

"We're using that field for crops."

"We'll help you move your gear out." 

"That won't be necessary. We took out these walkers, this prison is ours." 

"Slow down cowboy." Gun man said angrily, moving closer to Rick, but my crossbow was up and in his face before he could take another step. 

"You snatched the locks off our doors!" The small one said, taking gun man's side. 

"We'll give you new locks, if that's how you want it." 

"This is our prison. We were here first." Gun man said angrily, kind of reminding me of a toddler. 

"Locked in the broom closet? We took it, set you free. It's our, we spilled blood." 

"We're moving back into our cell block."

"You'll have to get your own."

"It is mine. I've still got personal artifacts in there, that's about as mine as it gets!" Gun man said, raising his gun up again to point it at Rick, but I moved first, shoving my bow into his face. 

"Stop this right now!"I heard from behind me, and before I could move to hold her back, Riley was moving from behind me and getting in the middle of it all. Gun man's gun was aimed right at her head, and if I shot, I don't know if I would be able to miss her. 

"You put your fucking gun down right now." I growled out, moving after her to try to shield her from the gun, but there wasn't enough room. 

"You first gringo." Gun man said with a smirk, not even looking at me as his eyes ran up and down her obviously very pregnant body, but he didn't seem to care. But the big guy behind him did. 

"Thomas. What the fuck man? She's pregnant. Put the gun down." Thomas, the raging gun man who was going to get an arrow in the head, looked back at his group that looked very concerned, and then back at ours, where he had three weapons pointed at his head, and one tiny woman glaring up at him. 

He finally uncocked the gun, and put it back in his pants. 

"What can I do you for beautiful?" Thomas said, looking down at Riley, and I moved without even thinking, shoving myself between them, since his gun was put away, and there was space again, and I shoved him back away from her. 

"Don't even fucking look at her. Do you understand me?" I growled out, as the small one, and the slightly smaller big one caught Thomas before he could fall, but he was just smirking at me. 

"Oh I'll do more than look at her." He said sharply, glancing at her as he stood up straight. 

"Do her so good she won't even remember your name gringo." Before I could do anything, she grabbed my arm, nails digging in a little bit, but only enough to keep me from moving, as I glanced down at her. She was smiling at me, but I could tell it was forced. She was probably still upset about this morning. But she didn't say anything to me, just slid her hand down into mine and moved forward. 

"That's enough. There are other cell blocks. If you refuse to leave, we will help you clear one out. If you give us half of whatever food is left in that cafeteria. It has to be a lot, you five don't seem to be starving. If that deal isn't good enough for you, then get out of our fucking prison, before we make you." 

"There's only a little left." Thomas said anxiously, glancing back at his group. Rick moved up on Riley's other side, looking almost as pissed as me, but he controlled it better. 

"We'll take half. Like she said, in exchange for our help with clearing out a cell block." Rick growled out, and the small one stepped forward angrily. 

"Didn't you hear him? There's only a little left!" 

"Bet you got more food then you've got choices. You pay, we'll play. We'll clear out a block for you, then you keep to it." 

"Alright." Thomas said after a second of silence. 

"Well, let's be clear. If we see you out here, anywhere near our people, if I so much as catch a whiff of your scent, I will kill you." Rick growled out, and I let a smile drop onto my face, thinking of all the ways I could kill that stupid son of a bitch. 

"Deal." 

A/N: Honestly... like really really hate this chapter, and these characters, but it's gotta be done. So hopefully they'll be gone by the end of the next chapter because of my gosh I just hate them so much 😅 But! I promise, either next chapter or the one after that, Riley and Daryl will FINALLY get to talk about the freaking elephant that is taking up all the oxygen okay? 

Thanks loves! 

P.S. Wish me luck on my exam that's tomorrow that I definitely should be studying for, but I'm procrastinating by writing chapters for you all 😂