Chapter 15

Hey guys, quick note. 

While reading this chapter, please keep an open mind. It's a teenty bit boring, but it has a lot of key information and things that will lead to the (hopeful) plot twist later. Anywho, remember that the werewolves don't actually leave the Alcrest's land and that if you were in Kiera's position, you would grasp at random straws too! However, if you think somethings a little too...ugh...silly? Than please tell me (nicely) so i can fix it. 

Thanks, and don't forget to vote!

Sometime within the hour after Kiera leaving Romy’s house Romy herself left. Chase had broken the news a few hours after Romy left the Alcrest lands. He’d heard from Alex, who was ‘so messed up the snort was having trouble evacuating’-or so Chase said. Worry and regret settle into Kiera, knowing Romy was gone, but hopefully not for good.

Already the invisible bond that holds Romilda to the pack is disappearing. Kiera doesn’t know how to explain it, it’s like slowly coming to terms with death, but Romy wasn’t dead. She keeps on a brave face, trying to ignore the ache growing in her.

Kiera lets out a huff, looking up at the plain ceiling overhead. She wished she had something to do. Patrol was over for her today, and she doesn’t feel like seeing Cody or Chase, or anyone, but she didn’t want to be left alone either. Chase had even offering to stay, trying to coax her with a cute smile and promises to stay quiet. She had pushed him out the door- literally.

Now she wishes she’d let him stay.

The couch dips, alerting Kiera to the presents of her brother. Hunter sits at the other end, back against the arm rest. He’s slightly skinner than a few weeks ago, and his skins paler. The tranquilizers hadn’t been good for him by reducing him to a coma like state. The whole time they hadn’t been able to feed him much more than soup. He’d put the weight back on quickly, but he still doesn’t look quite the same.

Kiera feels a shiver of hatred.

After a minute of a silence staring Hunter crawls across the edge of the couch where Kiera isn’t laying. He curls up near her torso, looking at the roof too. “Some people are saying Romy left” he says bluntly, voice oddly curious.

“Yeah” she sighs, turning to look at the roof too. Hunter’s warm against her chest, reminding her of when he was nothing but a day old baby screaming in her ear. Her mouth quirks up. She hated Hunter than, snarled at his constant crying, attention seeking and disturbing her sleep, hated the ear splitting screaming the most. At the time she hated him, however, he’d also been so hopeless and dependent. It’s in most females’; let along female werewolves’, nature that they care for children. It was odd wanting to smother him and cuddle him at the same time.

And now he hardly makes a sound and is just adorable.

“Was it because she didn’t like Jordan?” Hunter inquires, pulling Kiera back to the topic of Romy.

“Something like that.”

“I don’t understand.”

Kiera looks down at her brother, meeting his big sleet coloured eyes. Pausing, she tries to think of a way to explain it to her brother. Not even in the double digits yet, he hasn’t gotten a grasp on Alpha’s and pack rankings. Hell, he probably won’t understand why Romy can’t be Alpha.