Chapter 21

Fire bursts over Kiera’s skin, as if she’s suddenly being tossed into an inferno, but she doesn’t shift. She stares in confusion as the wolves leap away, scampering into the forest smoothly. Within a minute the area is near empty.

Two wolves remain, seemingly unconcerned with Chase or Kiera. One’s the rust wold, and the other dark brown.

“You know, clearing the road would be much easier” Crevan says bluntly.

The rusty wolf snorts. Without Further ado, the two wolves follow the others through the forest with Crevan hot on their heels.  

Baffled, Kiera tries to find something to say, only to have Chase guiding her up with his hand. Kiera doesn’t have the words to protest, so she stays quiet as she’s lead up the mountain.

They pass no land mark, no signs or posts or fences. The land looks just like any other until they’ve tracked far enough from the road that any normal person would have turn around, and only then  did lights winked through the trees.

Despite Kiera’s grilling of what is happening (to which she received no helpful information) the window covered mountain’s a surprise. Part of the mountain had been removed and an identical Kiera stands inside the glassy otherworld. Chase makes a face, which Kiera ignores as she takes in the surroundings.

The glass seems the most striking thing outside, because nothing else is outside but a hundred odd meters of flat snow, a few lights attached to the mountain face and an odd littering of benches dotted with a few werewolves lounging around.

 Crevan marches to a small metal door to one side of the window without pause. Corinth glances back with a grin, motioning the werewolf pair forward.

Hesitantly Kiera glances at the other wolves. Most aren’t in wolf form, but the ones that are seem just as docile as the ones sitting around as humans. People hardly spare them a glance.

Inside is just as stunning as the glass wall, with a dark metal walk way stretching into the well lit room meters over the ground. Far below the ground is a blue and grey mats, with big checkers were people seem to be sparing in pairs or groups. The catwalk crosses over the middle of the room, to the other side to the metal wall where a stair case leads to the ground.

The rust coloured wolf wonders through the place unfazed, past what Kiera can only explain as the training room. The other wolf, one a charcoal brown, trots by his side. Half way across the room to where a glass wall stands under the first section of the catwalk does the smaller wolf wonders off.

She glances up before they hit the other door, and even with her jumping skills, knows she will never try and jump through the glass windows showing the sky outside. The 20 foot (7 meter) drop doesn’t seem very appeling, nor does the strong possibility of a broken leg or two.

The rust wolf shifts back at the door, making Kiera stare in surprise. His back shows his toned muscles, and as he grabs at something beside the door, his muscles ripple through his shoulder and bicep. The tanned, muscly back disappears as the man dons a robe and pulls his shoulder length caramel hair out of the back. He glances back to motion the group forward. Kiera spots Corinth’s cheeks pale as the blush fades from her cheeks.  Guess she hasn’t expected him so hot.