Chapter 23

(AN: Ive been busy because its finals week and yeah, I got lots of thesis. Sorry for slow update T_T, ill make it up for you guys ^_^V ) - and I dedicate this story to--- alyssa800900 (congrats)

Kakashi is already going for a mission tomorrow. Yuzuki will be with Aoba who will look after her. She was sitting on the sofa at home, waiting for Kakashi to finish his preparation for his Anbu mission with Yamato, who is standing and looking at the window.

"Yuzuki-chan, you can sleep now, its already late, before you know it Kakashi will be here." Yamato said while smiling.

"I cant sleep, I want to wait for him" She answered while pouting. But it was evident that she's already sleepy, fighting the urge to fell asleep as her eyes went heavy. Yamato found it cute as he send a wry smile and sat beside Yuzuki.

"Look at you, you're already sleepy. He'll be here in no time." Yamato answered. Yuzuki didnt answer when suddenly Yamato felt a weight on his shoulder. Then he saw Yuzuki leaning her head on his shoulder fast asleep, with her even and calm breathing, he slowly positioned himself to make Yuzuki more comfortable while leaning her head on him as he gently stroke her hair.

"Damn, you still have fever, how long is your recovery?" Yamato said, knowing that the girl will not answer but still, he contunue to talk to that sleeping figure.

There was a long pause, as Yamato continue to look at the girl's sleeping figure. He's face became gentle as he breath a long sigh. He gently stroked Yuzuki's hair, brushing a stray of hair and tucking it behind her ear.

"Its now or never" Yamato whispered to himself while smiling a sad smile.

"Yuzuki-chan, I just want you to know that, you're important to me. Im not saying this for you to return what I feel, its just that I just want to say it to make me feel at ease. You know the first time I saw you being ressurected from death, I want to hug you. But ofcourse I cant". He chuckeled.

"I know who do you like, since I was the one who always listens to you whenever you had a hard time with Kakashi. But..... you know..... sometime I wish I was him. Sometimes I wish that I was the one that will go home, and seeing that you fell asleep waiting for me. Or someone who can accompany you to anywhere you want, and someone who will stay by your side during your hard time. Or someone who can make you smile. And that someone Isn't me."

"You know how hard it is not to hug you, and how does it hurt everytime you ask me 'where's Kakashi', without noticing that Im right infront of you, why cant you just be mine?"

Yamato said almost like a whisper, with Yuzuki who is sleeping soundly. Then, there was silence, a sorrowful silence, when Yamato heard the front door opens.   

Yamato gently lay Yuzuki on the couch as he cast a sad smile looking at the girls sleeping figure, then his eyes met Kakashi's. For just a brief moment, they just look at each others eyes, and it seems like Kakashi knew what Yamato said to Yuzuki, but he pretended that he doesn't know anything.

"I'll be going now, Kakashi" Yamato said as he walk past Kakashi and before leaving the door, he said "please take care of her" almost like a whisper.

"You dont need to tell me that" Kakashi answered as the door shut close.