chapter three - home

Chapter three: home

Chapter three: home

I woke up with sunshine streaming into my apartment, the sound of the endless stream of taxis below me being dimmed by my shut window. My heart squealed with glee as I realized it was ten in the morning - a significant lie-in for me, as my recent schedule has lead to me being awake at seven in the morning almost every day.

I hopped out of bed and had breakfast, cereal naturally since I can't be bothered with cooking so early in the morning. My thoughts wandered as I sat in silence, not wanting any noises to ruin my blissful morning. But there was one person who I wouldn't mind interrupting it and as soon as they knocked on the door - I practically fell over myself trying to reach it.

Opening it up, my breathless state suddenly wasn't due to my running, but Theo's appearance instead. Dressed in a burgundy t-shirt with black jeans and a navy beanie, my heart melted as it always does for him.

"Hi." I smile, stepping aside to open the door wider for him, motioning for him to come in.

"Hi gorgeous." Theo greets back, placing a hand on my cheek to place a soft kiss on my lips before moving away and making his way inside.

"How were the demons with cameras?" I ask, referring to the paparazzi.

There's usually less around my apartment, as I usually don't entertain any of it. I also live in a pretty quiet street, so they really can't cause that much of a fuss due to the threat of complaints. Theo's house doesn't have that luxury and his house is usually swarmed outside - making my visits to his a lot more sporadic.

Theo lets out a laugh at my lame attempt at a joke. Gathering himself, he smiles as he says, "There was only about five of them and I got Mr Walden to drive me round the back streets - so I'm pretty certain no-one saw me."

"Good, how is Mr Walden?" I ask, smiling at the thought  of the kind driver who, in all honest, has come to prefer me to Theo.

Not that I'm smug about this fact or anything.

"He's great. Now stop stealing my driver." Theo laughs, shaking his head.

Making my way through to the kitchen, Theo follows me, Hopping up on one of the cabinets, I smile as Theo stands between my legs. Raising my hands, I begin laying with his hair which leads me to be met with a soft smile from Theo - indicating to me that I've easily found his soft spot.

Obviously trying to distract me, Theo begins speaking, "So, what do you want to do to-"

But he's cut off by my best friend. "I hope you two aren't making out in there."

Clara opens her bedroom door to come into the kitchen. With her brown hair scraped back and her comfy clothes on - it's obvious she's pouring over Chemistry research as she usually does. Her long-term boyfriend broke up with her two weeks ago, which is why she's temporarily living with me as she tries to find a place to stay in New York.