twenty four - unloved

"From the top, guys

"From the top, guys. Alexandria, we really need to get this done in the next thirty minutes." The director calls, his voice piercing through the thin veil of distraction that lies across my head.

"Yeah, I've got it." I call back, my voice wobbly.

"You better. Now, from the top people." The director instructs and the crew around me rush to set everything up yet again.

I stand in the middle of the chaos, unmoving and unfazed by the blurs of movement around me. Sounds make it through to my ears, but my brain is barricaded in, silence ringing out in my thoughts. I stand with a stone in my stomach, its weight pressing me further and further into the floor. I shudder with every person that brushes against me, not wanting anymore physical contract unless its from him.

I miss him. The undeniable truth has arrived and I find myself at a loss without Theo. My anger has fizzled out, sadness has replaced it. I miss his jokes, his small smiles, his inability to swear despite me cursing around him twenty-four seven. I miss the way he would hold my hand at every possible chance he would get and when he was worried, how he'd sandwich my hand in-between both of his. How we would lie on the sofa together and watch horror films, our legs intertwined and his arms-

"Okay, silence on set please!" A voice calls and I get swept out of my thoughts. Again.

Making my way back to my starting position, I sit on the bed with my legs crossed, the silk robe falling off of one of my shoulders. Straightening my back, I inwardly pull myself together and run through my lines. Action is called and my body, despite its attempts, goes tense.

My on-screen romantic interest, Oliver, walks through the 'door' and we begin the scene. The beginning is fine and as we talk to each other, my breathing evens out and I relax into the scene. But, as soon as he begins to walk over to me, I curl into myself again, unable to stop myself from reacting in a negative way to his body coming closer to mine.

We move until I'm under him, written next in the script is when Oliver and I have 'sex' but that's just bullshit. We're only uncovered from the waist up and I have a stick on bra on, so there's really nothing to be worried about. Scenes like this are all about camera angles and good music that will later be chosen by the music guys. Editing will make it look intimate and there, you've got yourself a good scene.

But that good scene will never happen if the actors can't breathe. Or speak. Or move. And this is happening to me every time Oliver lies on top of me, supporting his weight on his forearms which lie beside my face. I stop breathing. My body shuts down as my boy goes into panic mode. It's happening again and as I gasp for air, the director calls cut and Oliver backs off immediately, looking at me with a frown.

"Are you okay? I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable." He says.

"No, sorry it's all my fault." I say but I don't get to finish explaining. My apology is stopped by the sight of a disgruntled director walking my way.