chapter twenty seven - solace

"I love you too, Theodore

"I love you too, Theodore."

There's a pause. A moment of breathlessness. A moment where my heart is pounding harder than his against my hand. His calmness is probably because he holds all of the power, control that will either mend or break me. As the last word comes out of my mouth, there's a split second of terror where I don't know what's happening.

Thump, thump, thump.

My heart pounds and I'm surprised he hasn't heard it yet. I'm unable to say anything else. Do anything else. All I can do is stand and appreciate the feeling of his large hands on my face. My hands grip his hips in a silent plea of mercy, begging him that this won't be the end of us. I've said my peace, I've all but shouted it from the rooftops at this stage so all I can do now is pray. The answer doesn't come through God, though it does comes through the purest, most heavenly thing that graces this earth. The feeling of Theo's lips on my own.

They start tentative, unsure and restricted as they map out mine for what feels like the first time in months. Shock settles into my brain, but adrenaline keeps my body moving as it automatically responds to Theo's. My lips move against his in a rhythm I've never become accustomed too but the joint movement shifts the kiss. Desperation paints it, coats it and destroys any fragments of restriction.

Theo's hands move from my face to rest on my neck, his thumbs brushing my jaw ad I wind my arms around his body, pulling it closer and closer and closer to my own. He'll never be close enough and the mutual feeling is displayed as Theo kisses me roughly and desperately in a whole-consuming kiss.

We walk backwards together until Theo lands on the sofa with my body landing on top of his just moments later. My legs wrap around his waist as he holds my hips between his hands, moving me closet to him. Gasps escape my mouth as we break apart, my chest heaving from the kiss. Placing one last kiss on my jaw, Theo slides his arms around my waist and buries his face into my hair.

Placing my hands on his neck, I play with the hairs at his nape as we settle down, the heat of the kiss being replaced by a tepid contentment. Our breathing evens out and Theo raises his head, his brown eyes latch onto mine and I'm momentarily stunned by him. He's beautiful. His hair messed up by the kiss leaves him looking rugged but the slightly swollen lips encompassed by the big brown eyes make him look innocent in a way that ignites something protective and possessive inside of you.

"I missed you so much." He whispers.

"You have no idea." I blow out a breath, taking one of my hands away from his neck to tuck a bit off hair behind my ear.

He catches my hand and does it himself before laying a kiss on the outside of my hand - my stomach clenches at the action. Unable to help myself, I press a quick kiss on his lips before moving back with a sheepish look on my face. Holding hands up in surrender, I motion for him to continue talking.