chapter twenty eight - apprehension

She was so beautiful

She was so beautiful. Bathed in the gentle sunlight of the morning, my hatred for the wake of the sun was diminished as I took in every minuscule detail of her face. Eyes shut, her face was the picture of ease as it rested on the pillow beside my own. Her hair lay spread out around her, a piece lying across her cheek which I promptly tucked away as soon as I woke up.

I went through nearly two weeks of not having her in my bed. Two weeks of loneliness and crippling emotions because of what is happening right now. Every time I looked at my bed, I saw her in this exact position. Asleep, warm and happy - safe. But now, with that vision becoming a reality, the only crippling emotion is happiness.

We still have a lot to work through, I know we do. Management is breathing down our necks, the media was just about dying down and we are just about to add more gasoline to it. Everything is surrounding us, suffocating us, but as we lie here, she's like a breath of fresh air from the closing in walls.

My heart beat thumped erratically as her nose scrunched up, her captivating blue eyes slowly blinking open to take in the room. Sending her a smile, she barely keeps one eyes open as she smiles lazily back at me. A yawn and a stretch later, Alex places her hand on my cheek and lightly kisses the tip of my nose.

"What was that?" I ask, confused as to why she would kiss my nose.

"I wanted to kiss you, but not with my morning breath." Alex shrugs, moving her hand from my cheek to the back of my neck, playing with the hair at my nape. I let out a sigh in bliss.

I roll on top of her, supporting myself on my forearms as I kiss her forehead. Moving down, I kiss her cheek, nose and chin before moving down to kiss her neck. Her hand tighten on my shoulders as I kiss the spot that always makes her weak and I smirk as I pull away. Leaning down, I kiss her square on the lips, Alex's body moving up to get closer to my own.

She feels like heaven in my hands. Slotting against me, my hands could wander her forever and still be restless. I know we've got career defining things happening today, so I back off before this can get too far because I know it will - I have no control over myself when I'm with her. Rolling back off, I land back on the mattress with a sigh. Alex crosses her arms with a pout, huffing as she turns to look at me.

"That was mean." She frowns.

I stick my bottom lip out sarcastically. "Please forgive me, you're too irresistible."

Alex laughs and pushes my shoulder with her hand. Clasping it in my own, I pull her hand and give it a kiss, knowing her weaknesses back and front by now. Smiling when she rolls her eyes, I pull her into my chest and begin to run my hands up and down her back, unable to stop my hands from exploring. A week and a half without her and I'm going to make up for lost time.

"You know, we really have to get out of bed."

"But it's my favorite place." Alex frowns.

I roll my eyes. "You know that I, more than anyone, agree with you but we seriously need to get up."