chapter thirty one - secrecy

I could feel his eyes on me

I could feel his eyes on me. I always could. As I stood with my head held high and my red carpet smile on, his wandering brown eyes felt like red lasers on every minuscule detail of my body. His eyes never strayed far from me and my perfected smile gave way to be replaced by a cheesy grin that only Theo manages to make me have in public. I always wondered if he could feel my eyes that often land on him because right now his are the only thing I can think of. Barely comprehending the interviewers words, I entice by brain to engage with her but to no avail.

"So you agree, Alexandria? This is a good opportunity for your relationship with Theodore Williams?" She says as my brain finally kicks in.

Internally growling, my soul thrashes against the restraints the cameras force me to put up. Keeping any snarky remark inside, I dress her with a fake laugh. "Not at all. Our relationship isn't some business scam where we're looking for opportunities. It's a real relationship and that's all to be said. The benefits of tonight is seeing all of the amazing cast and crew members behind every TV show."

"I see, now you say there are amazing casts in these TV Shows. What actor or actress is your favorite?" She asks and my heart fills with hope that this could be a serious questions. "Try not to say Theodore."

And then my heart deflates. I know this is our first red carpet. I know that this is a big deal for us as well as management. I understand that the media as well as the fans want pictures and gossip. But what happens when there is no gossip? We're in a relationship and that's about it. There's nothing left to say and since Theo and I decided to keep most of the details to ourselves, there's no drama to fill them in on.

Feeling frustrated that I can't talk about Queries or the shows or any of my friends / co-workers that are here, my smile begins to slip as agitation sets in. "I wasn't going to say him. I think that, truth be told, every single actor and actress is doing amazingly right now. All the shows have had some pretty difficult situations to act and I think they've all been handled really well."

"Was your relationship with Theodore difficult to handle with management?" She insists, raising the microphone to me.

I walked straight into that one. Straight into it. I squeeze my hands together tightly and begin to feign an excuse when a warm hand comes to rest on the small of my beck. Looking to my right to see Theo smiling down at me, I send him a relieved look that I'm no longer alone.

"Excuse me, I just need to take Alex for a moment." He smiles charmingly and I sigh at his outwardly appearance that is affecting me a lot tonight. His suit is fit for his body and my mind is in whole agreement with whoever decided that he should wear this. Probably Joanna. I should thank her.

He begins to glide me away, his hand pressing into the small of my back and guiding me to the middle of the carpet with paparazzi either side, interviewing various celebrities. Confusion laces through me and I come to a stop as I spin around to look at Theo. Daring plans lie like a mist over his eyes, anticipation settling over me as I recognize his look of determination.