chapter four - anticipation

She is said to be dating someone

She is said to be dating someone. Although it remains a mystery of who the person actually is - one thing is clear: the fans are getting impatient. They want to know who it is and they want to know now. Alexandria's decision to not share her romantic life is beginning to be judged as being selfish.

My eyes skim through the passage in fury, my leg bobbing up and down in frustration as I take in every fake word they've printed onto the page. Claims of rumors, romances and cosmetic surgery makes me wonder how women in this industry are ever successful.

As the article continues, however, my heart swells up in pride at the realization that despite all of these rumors, Alex continues to be confident and continue to act. The journalists fake words set my veins on fire in anger, but the reassurance of her continuing on despite them is like pouring a bucket of water over that rage.

Switching my phone off, I stuff it into my pocket in the hopes the words from the article will disappear. But words that should never be associated with Alex continue to roll around my head and I begin to get frustrated.

Looking out of the window of the car, we cross the Brooklyn Bridge to come into New York. Taxi's follow along beside us as Mr Walden drives effortlessly through the streets - years of experience on full show as he navigates them without a second thought.

"Trouble in paradise, Sir?" Mr Walden asks, looking at me through his mirror.

I let out a sigh and run a hand through my already messy hair before answering. "Just reporters talking crap about Alex."

"Ah, common problem in your work I presume. You know she doesn't read them, so you shouldn't worry to much." Mr Walden reassures me.

"Yeah, just hard to focus on the good instead of the bad." I say, shutting my eyes to calm down.

"I know, Sir. Despite the rumors, at least you have a job you love." He smiles.

Very true." I nod, agreeing with him.

Acting is all I've wanted to do since I was eight and I realized it was a job I could make a living out of. I'm not in this industry for money or fame, I just want to act. That can be a struggle sometimes, as I'm often roped into modelling jobs. But for now, my schedule seems to be either acting or directing and I couldn't be happier about that.

"We're here, Sir." Mr Walden announces as he arrives at one of the buildings management has hired for a day.

Wanting to get an authentic feel for our office scenes in a latest episode - they simply rented out a block of offices for a day in the weekend. Which is actually great for today, as it means the paparazzi won't be able to get near us inside for the whole of today.

Saying thank you to Mr Walden, I make a quick exit out of the car. I'm ambushed by cameras flashing in my face and voices shouting for me to look in a certain direction. It seems is last for a lifetime of confusion but I'm saved when two bodyguards come though the crowd, making a line for me to walk through.