chapter fifteen - support

The thick recycled air of the airplane hung humid around us as the quiet murmur of people begins to die off, our nighttime flight coming in handy

The thick recycled air of the airplane hung humid around us as the quiet murmur of people begins to die off, our nighttime flight coming in handy. Any piercing wails of children had been quietened down and the stewardesses had settled, done serving any food or drink. The lighting had been dulled down as it got darker outside and now, only personal lights remained on.

Our seats were paid for by management and the open-top cube's that we were each sat in had everything we could possibly need for the whole thirteen hour flight we had in front of us. TV's, charging ports and free WiFi kept everyone entertained but I didn't need any of it. The hottest guy I've ever seen was currently working his heart out beside me and he was mine to call my own as I ogled his good looks.

"No John, I need it for Tuesday. Filming needs to start in two months and we can't start without the proper equipment. You understand right?" Theo stresses, running a hand through his hair as he stares at the sheet in front of him.

Voices grumble in the background and I try to hide a laugh when Theo sighs once more - the conversation running away from his control by the looks of it. But, I keep myself under control as I remind myself that we're not completely alone. All that's separating me and a nosy stranger is an aisle and their cube wall. Theo and I removed the screen separating both of us, however, as we want to enjoy each others company for as long as we can.

Sitting in first class, Theo and I's seats miraculously ended up beside each other. Reassured with the security of our private seats, both Theo and I relaxed a bit as people minded their own business. We were in the middle of our flight on the way back from Tokyo and Theo was in full business mode.

"Yeah, can we do that, then? We need this sorted for PJ to use next week." Theo says, looking up to the computer screen that is currently face-timing four other main producers of the film.

Half an hour of stressful conversations later, Theo signs off as he shuts his laptop with a definitive click before turning around to me. Reaching his hand over the minimized divider, he holds his hand out. Taking it in my own, I give it a reassuring squeeze.

"I need a nap." He groans, running his other hand through his hair.

"Yes, you do." I smile gently, taking in his tired brown eyes.

Leaning over, I swipe my thumbs under his eyes before leaning back, resting my head against the head rest.

"Good night." Theo mutters, copying my position. But he keeps our hands joined, even as we lean back.

"Good night, I love you." I whisper.

"I love you more." Theo grumbles back, tiredness visibly sweeping over him as his eyes fall shut.

And before I can even argue against his words, my eyes shut too as weeks of stress and filming begin to catch up on me. The plane carries us further into the night. Roaming out across thousands of miles, Theo and I's hands stayed joined as my dreams take me further away from stress than any plane ever could.