Chapter II: Chaos

♧ADVICE: LISTEN TO THE VIDEO WHILE READING♧

You open your eyes only to find darkness. You couldn't breathe. It was as if someone was sitting right on top of you.

"Help-"

"Ginseng-"

Then you woke up, face matted with clamps of sweat.

You sit up suddenly and held your head, which was ringing in pain.

"Ugh, it hurts." You said as you kicked off the cotton blanket your grandmother gave you for Christmas. You jump off the thin layer of mattress and went scrambling for an electric fan, which was facing Ginseng's bed, where the cat was sleeping in luxury.

"I'm taking the electric fan." You said to Ginseng, who started as you took the fan away from him.

You faced it towards your direction and sighed. Ginseng walked up to you and pounced on your stomach.

Then you realized.

"Ginseng, I'm running late for school!," You shrieked as you fumbled for your school needs.

You took a bath and ran to your bedroom afterwards. You then changed into your school uniform, a long sleeved blouse with a rectangular collar, a red, knee-length, pleated skirt, and a maroon tie.

You were in the middle of wearing your socks until you felt a cold air rush on your nape.

You violently turned around and saw nothing but Ginseng.

After you did your business, you walked to the shoe rack and wore your shoes.

"Ginseng, I'm locking the door, there's food and water and your play area is newly cleaned." You said as you pointed to an area with shiny cat toys.

"Alright, bye, Ginseng!," You waved good bye as you shut the door behind you, unable to keep up with the time, and with your heavy backpack and all...

You ran to school, not stopping even if it meant getting into danger.

When you just arrived, the school bell rang. You were in Class I A-3, which would be on the second floor. As you scramble up the stairs, you notice a man who was sitting near the stair case. It was him again.

"Oh, hello." he said, looking up from his book.

"The bell rang." You said in a loud voice.

He looked confused and took off his earbuds which you just spotted.

"Pardon me, but what did you say?," he asked once more.

"I said, the bell just rang."

He made a horrified face.

"Me, late in my first day!," He said, running up the stairs. You decided to follow him. Luckily, he was in Class I A-2. He is not your classmate, which was a relief to you.

"Why are you late, Miss Kang?," The teacher asked, looking at you as you opened the classroom door.

His face was not particularly deformed in any way but there was a creepy feeling that was telling you to run.

"I...got lost." You said to him, smiling shyly.

You felt a tug in your gut which confirmed your worst suspicions.

After the bell rang for the class, everyone was heading out to buy some food.

"Miss Kang, a word, please." The teacher, whose name was Ban Mayeuk.