Chapter III: Melody

There was a man, sitting there, cross-legged.

You take out a small stake you made from barbecue sticks and pointed it at him.

He was wearing all black: black pants, black t-shirt under a black vest, black socks, and black converse sneakers. He also has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, sharp nose, fair complexion, full lower lip...

"Hello, darling." he said, waving his arms around, letting go of the smoking thing.

"Who are you?," You asked, backing away slowly.

He stood up, took a small bow, and looked at you.

"Kim Seokjin, at your service." he said, biting his lower lip.

Oh God why is there a hot guy in my apartment room? You thought wildly.

"I'm an entity named guten." he said, still maintaining his eye contact with you.

"Oh, I see." You replied.

Guten was a type of Gemischt that was reformed by Veradimo Agency of Reformation of Entities, or VARE, the company your family is working for.

"I sensed you need some help?," he asked you, now puffing out small circles made out of smoke.

"With what?," You asked, your eyebrows crossing.

"With capturing the gemischt." he said, now making eye contact with you.

Your eyebrows were still crossed and you let out a sigh of defeat. "I didn't say I needed help." You muttered.

"It's a tough work in capturing gemischt,and you're just a measly freshman." he said, clearly insulting your capabilities.

You looked like you were about to punch him, and Ginseng was hissing at him.

"You need to train your cat to behave around strangers." he pointed out, now making little snowmen out of smoke and making them run around in circles and soon after, they started killing each other with a small smoke torch.

"Are you really sure you're a guten?," You asked, looking at the last smokeman holding up a pile of smoke sticks in victory.

"I'm not fully reformed, so I have some dark humor left inside of me." he said, making a small smoke dog that tried to frighten Ginseng, who ran into your room in fright.

"Hey, what the hell did you do that for?," You asked him, still clutching the stake in front of you.

"Like I said, I'm not fully reformed." he said, leaning on your sofa, sitting cross-legged.

He stood up, and he was almost taller than Namjoon, and you look like a dwarf when you're beside them.

"Come on, just sign here, and I'll help you get that gemischt." he said, his voice full of temptation.

A contract made of smoke appeared before you and you signed it using a smoke pen which, oddly, didn't spread when your hand touched it.

"Ah, you're left handed? A friend of mine is left handed!," he asked, looking at you write your name down, amused.

"Just let me live my life." You muttered as you finished writing your name.

Seokjin looked at you with utter amusement, like he's never seen a girl who's left handed.

You looked at him with curiosity. "Who is that friend of yours who is left handed?,"

"Kim Taehyung." he replied, now taking the contract and blowing it into thin air, and it vanished. "He's originally left handed but he's ambidextrous, so he can use both hands, but he prefers using his right hand to write."